Official school rankings...sooooo?!?!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
well tmrw ...(Friday 11th november 2005... 4:00 pm)

our Final internal rankings come out...

Now I know alot of u guys have already got ur rankings whether it be on ur reports or like my self (if u go to a small school) u may have calculated them urself....

anyways....

for those interested, feel free to share with everyone ur rankings...

dont be put off if ur rankings arent the best, If u went well in the HSC u can always get good marks/a good UAI...

I know that someone ranked 2nd or 3rd at my school will prolly be ranked around 50th or probably even lower at James Ruse!....

meh....Im done rambling ....

well how'd u go?????????????????????????????????????

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i have a small question, on my reports, i have equal ranking with someone else, does anyone know if this will be the same case on the 'official' bos ranking, or does something funky happen?!

physician

HSC
fantasy27 said:
i have a small question, on my reports, i have equal ranking with someone else, does anyone know if this will be the same case on the 'official' bos ranking, or does something funky happen?!
if the report ranking is the ranking for 100% worth of assessment tasks, then it should be the same

The ranking for both of u should appear as 1st

lol... nothing funky should happen.

physician

HSC
Casmira said:
but i already got my ranks on my report, isn't it the same?
well yeh they should be the same...
but not everyone was given a report.. or some may have been given a report but without rankings... my school gave me neither!

plus, this gives u a chance to view the rankings as they've been submitted to the Board of studies, so if u see anything wrong in ur ranks, ur given the opportunity to notify ur school... otherwise ...who knows, ur school may have submitted incorrect rankings to the Board and u would never have known!

So everyone should log onto students online Tmrw, and make sure their ranks are correct. As for those who werent given a ranking... well Im sure u have a rough idea of how u went compared to ur class.... if u see anything fishy, report it to ur school principle immediately!

physician

HSC
Gummy_bear said:
I cant view mine. probibly because i havnt done my drama exam yet.
They come out 4:00 pm Friday..after all HSC exams have been completed!

gosh

DanielleM said:
so is it only rankings? or can u find out your internal mark (50% of your hsc) as well?
they show both your ranking and your final assessment marks/ internal mark that wasnt given on your report

physician

HSC
half baked said:
they show both your ranking and your final assessment marks/ internal mark that wasnt given on your report

no, they only show ur rankings, u dont get to see ur internal except when ur results come out (the 16th of december)

and even then, the internal is moderated so u never really get to find out the actual mark ur school put for u!

but tmrw.. its just internal rankings!

gosh

yeah sorry my mistake. just checked, its only rankings
from the studentsonline website:
From 4:00 pm on Friday, 11th November 2005 until Tuesday, 31st January 2006, a list will be displayed below showing each HSC course for which you are entered, and your rank order in the final assessment marks submitted by your school for each course

physician

HSC
oh yeah I can see where u may have misinterpered what it said...

although i do wish our assessment marks were given to us... bah.. i dont want to wait till the results come out...lol, its not like we really have a choice...

on second thought.. the BOARD can keep my marks.. let me have some peace for a month or so!

anyways... lets keep this thread a little quite... till 4:00 pm tmrw..lol

Gummy_bear

HSC
physician said:
They come out 4:00 pm Friday..after all HSC exams have been completed!
duh! my bad, i didnt read the whole post properly, jsut read you can view your ranks. lol. I should learn to read the whole thing..you think i would at least know that by now?

VQ

HSC
I'v received the rankings by letter (with the BOS logo on top?) from school a few weeks ago (before HSC) and supposedly it will be the same with those in the BOS students online one...

My ranks:
- Chemistry: 6/32
- ESL: 1/86
- Maths ext1: 1/55
- Maths ext2: 2/10
- Physics: 2/51
- Indonesian background speakers: 2/86

I'm extremely happy with my ranks and hopefully my HSC can be as good/even better... = )

How bout u, guys?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
*Secures position in thread
Will edit after 4pm when I check
after work :)

edit:
NUMBER/SUBJECT/UNITS ORDER/RANK
15040 Business Studies 2 1 / 69
15140 English (Advanced) 2 2 / 91
15210 Information Processes and Technology 2 1 / 14
15220 Legal Studies 2 1 / 36
15240 Mathematics 2 29 / 58
15370 Studies of Religion I 1 7 / 147

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)