Oh the wonders of O-week! (the free stuff thread) (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ALLLICE said:
well MAYBE i'll join the debating ppl..i dunno..i'd have to con one of friends into joining with me before i signed up for it though...eep new ppl.. lol
Haha, they're a friendly bunch, and they come from all walks of degrees! and you best get used to new people, they're EVERYWHERE I TELLS YOU!

ALLLICE

HSC
gawsh! tell me about it...i guess i should try and take the initiative...become motivated with uni and join stuff...turn new ppl into familiar faces...who knows i just might summon up the audacity to join the debating society after all :eek:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
thats the spirit! (now for that commission ... :p)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ALLLICE said:
how much is it?? or is it free :D
Haha, was going to try and talk to my friend in the debating soc and see if i can recruit 5 people, they can waive my fee :p (is poor)

HSC
N/A
bloodyfriday89 said:
i got a free condom today :shy:
only one? I got three! :p

Then I tried to trade some with Ben for different flavours, but alas all they have is blueberry :(

damn they have some... interesting stuff at that queer space stall.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bloodyfriday89 said:
lol i was too embarrassed to get another one :eek: :(
Grab 6. One for each day of the week except sunday. Need a rest then.

*hopeful*

HSC
i was gonna join the debating soc too! but then i got poor :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
jezzmo said:
Does joining the debating society imply standing up and making speeches or can there be other forms of verbal conflict / passive participation?
Haha, yeah I haven't debated at all, I just adjudicate for them :)

And steal their food at BBQS :p

ALLLICE

HSC
AsyLum said:
Haha, yeah I haven't debated at all, I just adjudicate for them :)

And steal their food at BBQS :p
annnd try and suck in new first year recruits

K.

HSC
-maybelline foundation!! <33 I got like 6 tubes of that, and they werent even sample size <3

-Optus water gun

-Noodles

- Yes,a zillion condoms, but i've upped most the girls here, I GOT A FEW LOLLIES TOO! :santa: (by lollies, i mean the chix condom not the ones you eat)

-NAB Popcorn.

-BUBBLES!

anyways, i feel really dirty and stuff. This chick comes upto me and asks me if I want to join the red frog society, i was like, sure why not? i like red frogs. Then i signed all this shit and it turned out to be hillsong. swindled, swindled, swindled.

:(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Shit are they doing it again?! Fuck I want to complain to someone about that, its so shifty.

K.

HSC
AsyLum said:
Shit are they doing it again?! Fuck I want to complain to someone about that, its so shifty.

lol hahah but what a brilliant tactic!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Dear God, so thats what the red frog society is all about? On the bright side, they did give the mentor tent a stash of red frogs for no apparent reason :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
K. said:
-maybelline foundation!! <33 I got like 6 tubes of that, and they werent even sample size <3

-Optus water gun

-Noodles

- Yes,a zillion condoms, but i've upped most the girls here, I GOT A FEW LOLLIES TOO! :santa: (by lollies, i mean the chix condom not the ones you eat)

-NAB Popcorn.

-BUBBLES!

anyways, i feel really dirty and stuff. This chick comes upto me and asks me if I want to join the red frog society, i was like, sure why not? i like red frogs. Then i signed all this shit and it turned out to be hillsong. swindled, swindled, swindled.

:(
HILLSONG?! that is very shifty. i took their pamphlet. i threw it out but still, i had no idea who they were. isn't that false advertising or something? doesn't it tell you something about your group when you have to resort to sneaky con-artist tactics to try and get people to join?! if they were upfront and honest and i would have 100% more respect for them than i do. in fact, i think the only reason i respect them so little is because of their deceptiveness.

edit: :chainsaw: what was the card they were handing out for? was it to come to one of their meetings? they told us it was for LAWN BOWLS but we couldn't work out how LAWN BOWLS COULD BE AT FUSION CAFE :confused: and why the card said nothing about lawn bowls (or what the gathering actually was) on it :confused: :angry:

Last edited:

K.

HSC
lolz around 4pm today, this hillsong chick rang me

her: hey its nikki from hillsong, its friday

me: cooooooooool, who's this?

her: Nikki

me: cooooooool....whats up?

her: There will be a bus departing from the gym around 6:30 with a returned service around 11

me: oh i see

her: are you interested?

me: umm i'm not in Sydney

her: ok..

me: Sorry, what is this?

her: Red frog society/hillsong, theres a service tonight

me: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOW I GET IT. I cant come, i'm in the mountains tonight

her: must be nice

me: yup, well K, maybe next friday.

her: Okay, i'll ring you then.

oh dear, why do I have to be so naive?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)