• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Oil Storm (1 Viewer)

studynoob

HSC
N/A
i just saw it on tv and it was great i just love realistic movies/documentarys like this about what mightve happened if the oil supplies to america stopped and crisis after crisis happened ill be like wall street 1929 cept in the modern world!! anyone else seen it? what did you think? is it possible for something like this to happen?

for me its kind of exaggerated but its believable just look at new orleans the americans has the technology the resources to survive the troops to keep order but look theyre couldnt help the survivors fast enough so the survivors were stranded for 5+ days also what gets me is that in new orleans all the people were warned about the hurraince katrina almost a week before yet they refused to evacute, the majority perhaps they were poor people seeing most of the population are lower-middle class people usually african americans! good lord help the americans what wouldve happened if there was an even worse crisis!!

in the readily over dramatic movie the hurricane mentioned was a catergory 4 (hurricane juila) and hurricane katrina was a catergory 5 and it happened almost the same time introduced in the movie so america might have a possibility of "oil storm" happening seeing hurricane katrina went down on the same path as the one in the movie also if ive listened to the news closely the oil prices have risen!!! i also heard that oil will start at over $70 per barrel starting today. That was the same price it started at after the storm in this ficticious documentary. Very, very curious.

on Friday, Sept 2nd oil storage tanks in New Orleans are exploding and burning!! Wonder if they are part of the strategic reserve eh?

im not going to type anymore cos my fingers hurt and my eyes too! but do write down ur thoughts and opinons!! (maybe ill write more later)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
If the arab states were nicer, petrol would be a lot cheaper.
The reason we pay through the roof is because they are smart. Very smart and know economic theory well.

^___^
HSC
as they said

you would be stupid NOT to increase the price of the petrol per barrel given the situation

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I was going to watch it but instead watched a 4 hour 9/11 documentary on national geographic.

studynoob

HSC
N/A
DaddyK said:
I came across it last night, but they started talking about things that happened in 2006...it took me half an hour to convince myself its still 2005.
i watched it 10 mins after it started to the end and i thought it was a documentary of what actually happened lol i thought the documentary makers got the dates wrong but oh well! i actually thought it happened cos they mentioned a hurricane near new orleans on september 4th which is pretty close to the day hurricane katrina blew away and guess what she flew in the same path! also it showed in the beginning oil prices reached 70 us dollars a barrel and even worse thats actually whats happenin in the us now!! wonder if "oil storm" unfolds into reality eh? fucking interesting movie!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)