Ok, so how does it work? (1 Viewer)

Kulazzi

HSC
Hey guys!

I just viewed the timetable for the arts degree. I just want to get this sorted out. I'm doing BA at my own campus. And within the BA, these courses/majors/subjects/whatever are offered for the autumn session coming up. So if I have these subjects: Australia and the world, culture and globalisation, everyday life and media and visual cultures, do I only attend one lecture and one tute for each??? :confused:

Any help appreciated! Thanks! :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yes, generally it is one lecture and one tutorial, otherwise there will be special instructions on pweb, which you can access after you enrol and activate your account. You have probably found that arts subjects are all over the place though, make sure you get the right tutorials, you don't want to be all over the place.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Mel - judging by the timetable you posted it looks like you might have to attend both lectures, by email the co-ordinator before uni starts to confirm. And you choose one tutorial.

spank_meh - classes start the week beginning 27th of Feb, however, because of summer school, this is teaching week 9.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
:( that sucks if I have to coz then it stuffs up my whole timetable and I may have to go 4 days a week grrr Criminology is evil...first I have to go to Milperra and the it stuffs up my timetable evil Criminology

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Mel, don't hold my word against it. Although it does seem strange only having a one hour lecture. But like I said, email the co-ordinator after you enrol and activate your accounts to confirm.

mz_greek

HSC

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
Cape said:
Mel - judging by the timetable you posted it looks like you might have to attend both lectures, by email the co-ordinator before uni starts to confirm. And you choose one tutorial.

spank_meh - classes start the week beginning 27th of Feb, however, because of summer school, this is teaching week 9.
ohhh i see... geez summer skool lol that sounds bit familiar

melodic_gal

HSC
Kulazzi said:
Hey guys!

I just viewed the timetable for the arts degree. I just want to get this sorted out. I'm doing BA at my own campus. And within the BA, these courses/majors/subjects/whatever are offered for the autumn session coming up. So if I have these subjects: Australia and the world, culture and globalisation, everyday life and media and visual cultures, do I only attend one lecture and one tute for each??? :confused:

Any help appreciated! Thanks! :)
there is one lecture and one tutorial

first you go here the activate your account at tutorial reg

http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg

then you go to platform web to register for your tutorials online here

http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/

Kulazzi

HSC
there is one lecture and one tutorial
so only one fo each, not two lectures of the same course (as mentioned before?)

I have a few more questions - I received a letter outlining the course and I found out about the 4 core, and then the key programs. And then the major and the sub-major. And it said in the letter that your major has to be different from your sub-major (or somthing like that). I was thinking of doing Cultural and Social Analysis as my major. Sub-major not sure yet. And then there's all these credit points and level 1, level 2 and level 3 units. Can someone please explain them all to me? I'm trying to sort out the timetable while applying for a job so I can put in the times I'm available to work. I'm very very lost and confused! :$

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Kulazzi said:
so only one fo each, not two lectures of the same course (as mentioned before?)
Yes. I had a look at all the subjects that you posted on the timetable, and judging by that, you get to choose what lecture you want to attend.

I have a few more questions - I received a letter outlining the course and I found out about the 4 core, and then the key programs. And then the major and the sub-major. And it said in the letter that your major has to be different from your sub-major (or somthing like that). I was thinking of doing Cultural and Social Analysis as my major. Sub-major not sure yet.
Yep, they have to be different, the major you'll find you do more subjects for that specific area than what you do for your sub-major.

And then there's all these credit points and level 1, level 2 and level 3 units. Can someone please explain them all to me? I'm trying to sort out the timetable while applying for a job so I can put in the times I'm available to work. I'm very very lost and confused! :$
Credit points = 10. You have to do so many in order to get your degree. For your BA, you must complete:
40 credit points Bachelor of Arts Core (4 subjects)
120 credit point key program of Psychology or Social Psychology and Social Research or Languages (12 subjects)
80 credit points of elective units (8 subjects)

The levels give an indication of the difficulty of the subject. Level 100 generally means introductory subjects - commonly done in first year. Level 200 goes into more detail, critical thinking etc, generally done second semester first year, second year and maybe third year. Level 300 generally has a major research project associated with it, generally done in third year.

While we are on the levels, I'll tell you now that you have to follow these guidelines in order to get your degree:
No more than 100 credit points of Level 1 units may be counted towards the degree.
The general pre-requisite for Level 2 and Level 3 units is the successful completion of at least 60 credit points of Level 1 units.* There are particular exceptions in the case of the key programs in Languages and Psychology.
Minimum 60 credit points of Level 3 units.

Kulazzi

HSC
ok, thank you so much capre. It makes things easier now. They just made it too confusing!!!!

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)