On Campus Accomodation (1 Viewer)

HSC
returning students should have already got their offers at the end of november. new students get it after their uac offer ie i got my offer 18th jan which was a day or 2 after main round uac offers

spazamataz

HSC
Lets restart this thread.
Who has applied for accommodation for 2010?
I have applied for Campus East flexi-catered, followed by Weerona single and then International House single.

spazamataz

HSC
Why does it feel like im the only one whos applied already?
I still don't know if i want to stay at weerona or campus east... lol

Von-Dyke

HSC
I put in an application back when i applied for early entry because my brothers friend was Campus Coordinator or somethign and heavily recommended doing so before november.. From what I heard from him Weerona was sweet as, and he loved it there so i put Weerona Single/Double as my top pref, then campus east.

ISeeDumbPeople

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know if it's possible to apply for this after the 20th of January, when I find out if I've got a main round offer? And would I most likely get accepted into somewhere?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
It might be possible, but I believe that accomodation offers come out with main round offers (so if you get a main round offer to UOW and you've applied for accomodation you'd get your accomodation offer then too). I'd say if you wait until you get your offer it would be too late. I was hearing someone say that one of the residences already has roughly double the applicants than places for next year.
I'd apply now if you have any desire to stay on campus/come to UOW next year.

spazamataz

HSC
Can someone tell me whats the deal with parking at Campus East, or any of the other places?
On the fee thing it says parking is $300?
I thought that was for a parking permit for the main campus?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Can someone tell me whats the deal with parking at Campus East, or any of the other places?
On the fee thing it says parking is $300?
I thought that was for a parking permit for the main campus?
When I was there, you can just park in Campus East without a permit. At least I always did.

You need a permit for the uni though. However, I'm not sure if students can apply for a permit. I think they restricted that to staff only... unless rules have changed.

Otherwise, you have to pay at the meter in uni or park on the surrounding streets. The streets fill up pretty quickly, so you need to get there early.

mat-thew

HSC
I applied for accommodation at Weerona at about...October and got an offer in early December though I also had an early entry offer from the university.

spazamataz

HSC
I got conditional, and i've met my conditions, but i haven't been made an offer yet. Oh well, how many people actually get rejected? (apart from those who weren't made an offer to the uni itself?)
And, whats the deal with the thing on the accommodation website where its like "Applications for new undergraduates closed early" when they closed at the end of November?

Lachycharts

Don't afraid of anything!
HSC
I applied for accommodation at Weerona at about...October and got an offer in early December though I also had an early entry offer from the university.
Ahhh, what a coincidence! I am in exactly the same situation. And what are the chances that we will be sharing the same room? I think the probability of this is extremely high; aprox. 1.

spazamataz

HSC
Hmm... Maybe i should have went Weerona.
Oh well, too late.
At least campus east is closer to the beach? (I think)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Campus East is a walk to one beach and a short bus ride to a few more.
But even Kooloobong is a short and free bus ride to the beach.

spazamataz

HSC
Okay I got my offer!
Did anyone else laugh at the alcohol restriction thing? It seems kind of excessive, not that i'm a big drinker or anything.
And its so stupid that we have to pay for parking!!!
Oh well, not like I have another option.
Can someone tell me whats the go with internet access at Campus East? Do I have to buy my own thing or?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
when i was there it was either buy your own (through some outrageously expensive exclusive server), get a wireless ekey, or use your uow access through the proxy server. it students get unlimited access and if you know a friendly one you just use their pw

this may have changed however. probs best to call and ask

spazamataz

HSC
Found out :)
Internet is $30 a month for 15gb or something!
Applied for 5 bedroom A room :p I thought I might as well try for an A!
Had a look at a 2-3 bedroom unit and honestly could not see myself living in one of those!!
And trench town....
the inside was nice, but the building did actually look like it was about to fall down... lol

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Need to restart this thread. I noticed all the comments in here are made about Weerona or Campus East. Whats wrong with International House? I'm pretty sure 1/3 of them are from Australia... is it just really competitive?
I can't really comment on then because I don't live on campus, however I know a few guys that live at Campus East or I-House, and they all say they love it.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Thanks for your reply. No offence, but on Google Maps, it looks like an extremely dodgy area with graffiti on the fences and everything. Which one has a nicer single room?

Thanks.
Honestly wouldn't have a clue.

My mates say that the rooms aren't amazing, but that they're not bad either. Good enough to live in during session.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)