On stage (who got nominated)...? (1 Viewer)

farmboywilly

Hey, i'm one of those few guys who do drama and was fortunate enough to be nominated for On Stage...
Now i have to wait those agonising weeks t find out if i got in, so the purpose of this is to find out how many got nominated...? What gender most of these nominees are...? And generally what are everyones chance...?

So... anyone know?

flosh's gurl

i honestly have no idea what the whole go is with onstage. our school did fairly shit so there wasn't any way any of us where going to get nominated. but also none of us had any idea that the whole onstage thing even existed. one of the downshots of living in the country i suppose. really interested in seeing what everyone else did for theirs though.

Hannah

UNSW - Arts
HSC
My teacher's a marker and she told me that about 50 people out of about 2500 performances get nominated. Out of those 50, about 8 get in.

So the chances are extremely slim still, even if you got nominated, but then again if you got nominated you got 30/30, so you're in with a definate chance.

One of my friends got nominated for her IP.

dissonance

ah, Hannah...keep in mind that Onstage is split into two different sets of performers - there are two different sets of performances that show on specified nights ie. Program A and program B...

so whats that - around 16 that make it. A good friend of mine got nominated for his individual performance as well...I personally have no idea how many get nominated --- you had to send in a video of your piece right? How'd that go....

Katie1984

Nominations

Well my GP got nominated for Onstage and my teacher, who is also a performance marker, said that as far as he knows around 70 IP performances and 30 GPs across the state were nominated. Good Luck with your nomination...Let me know how you go. You should find out about week 2 (as in the first week of exams.)

GlittaStar

are only performances nominated for Onstage?...i mean i heard that scripts can also be nominated....is that true?

Katie1984

All areas of the individual project are eligible for OnStage inclusion. However, Only group and individual performances go through the nomination process as these have to be recorded on video. A panel of markes then goes through these videos to select the best for OnStage. Other Indivuals projects do not require the student o be notified of there nmination as they do not need to make a video as their project is at the marking centre already....
Does that make sense???
And I think this is right...Feel free to correct me if I am wrong anyone!

ladedarr

hey I got nominated too!!! I had no idea so when the letter came I was totally blown away!!! it was for my IP, and frankly I would love to get in but it;s been enough to simply get nominated.....I know what you mean about agonising: it's hell, I just want to know right noooooooooooow!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh!!!!! haha well good luck etc...! I think I blew my chances cause my video was shit but thats due to the crummy nature of my school!

farmboywilly

Originally posted by ladedarr
hey I got nominated too!!! I had no idea so when the letter came I was totally blown away!!! it was for my IP, and frankly I would love to get in but it;s been enough to simply get nominated.....I know what you mean about agonising: it's hell, I just want to know right noooooooooooow!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh!!!!! haha well good luck etc...! I think I blew my chances cause my video was shit but thats due to the crummy nature of my school!
hey, well i hear the letters are coming this week... but don't stress about your video, i stuffed mine aswel, but they'll know that you weren't as pumped or anything as you were when you did it for the examiners, they should take all that into account... anyway, i really should do some study, god luck, let me know if you got in...

ladedarr

hey thanks you too!
when you say the letters are coming this week, do you mean this week or next week when the exams start? cause I think it's a little harsh the way they've done it, cause it's too near the exams and stuff....!!! good luck also and let me know too! what was yours by the way??

farmboywilly

Originally posted by ladedarr
hey thanks you too!
when you say the letters are coming this week, do you mean this week or next week when the exams start? cause I think it's a little harsh the way they've done it, cause it's too near the exams and stuff....!!! good luck also and let me know too! what was yours by the way??
hey, i got the play 'one flew over the cuckoo's nest' and got three different characters and tried to adapt it, what did you do?

p.s. do you have your letter yet?

shikaree_bex

i live in my mind with occasional visits to the jo
bitter

I am amongst the sad folk who didn't get nominated, i thought our group piece was awesome (as i would) and my IP was alright.... actually i am disappointed because i saw last years onstage and half of the group items were so mediocre, i hope there is a change this year so not getting nominated is justified

hehe, ............sorry havin a bitch:eek:

*cajunga*

hmm, yeah our group piece didn't get nominated either, but i thought it was heaps good, meh. yeah, i agree with you, shikaree, a couple of the things at onstage last year weren't that good, so i bloody well hope they're good this year. i'm sure they will be, all you guys who got nominated. :)

does anyone know what the deal is with the IP's for onstage? i mean, the projects? like, i did a portfolio of theatre criticism, and when i went to onstage at the beginning of this year, there were no criticism ones on display.
is there even consideration for us poor little theatre critics, or do they just assume no one would bother to read them anyway?
eh, just wondering....
have the people who get in for onstage with their IP projects (costume design, video etc) been notified yet?

Rhino

Originally posted by *cajunga*
does anyone know what the deal is with the IP's for onstage? i mean, the projects?
have the people who get in for onstage with their IP projects (costume design, video etc) been notified yet?
Yeh!! i'd like to know too. i did a research essay on the different portrayals of Joan of Arc in theatre, and my friend wrote and absurd play, and neither of us know what's going on.

DOES ANYONE AT ALL KNOW!!!!
please help.

Sting316

Our school got 3 GP's (Mine included:D) nominated and 3 IP's nominated. 2 groups got in (not mine, probably didn't fit into the program as we made fun of the markers...) Oh well 30 marks all the same!

GlittaStar

Originally posted by *cajunga*
hmm, yeah our group piece didn't get nominated either, but i thought it was heaps good, meh. yeah, i agree with you, shikaree, a couple of the things at onstage last year weren't that good, so i bloody well hope they're good this year. i'm sure they will be, all you guys who got nominated. :)

does anyone know what the deal is with the IP's for onstage? i mean, the projects? like, i did a portfolio of theatre criticism, and when i went to onstage at the beginning of this year, there were no criticism ones on display.
is there even consideration for us poor little theatre critics, or do they just assume no one would bother to read them anyway?
eh, just wondering....
Katie1984 (a coupla posts up on the other page) said that those who did other projects don't get notified this early cos a video tape isn't required....but i dunno. :confused: i wish i did! - eagerly awaiting news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)