One question on Rome was totally unfair (1 Viewer)

HSC
Did anyone do that question in section 4, on Roman government in the time of Augustus...it was so off the mark...we study the government in the Julio Claudian topic!

ladki

HSC
hungry chicken said:
Did anyone do that question in section 4, on Roman government in the time of Augustus...it was so off the mark...we study the government in the Julio Claudian topic!
was dat d question on how he established and maintained his power??? coz we did aug. and julio... but mainly augustus... i found d essayz really good along with sec 1 & 2

Gummy_bear

HSC
ladki said:
was dat d question on how he established and maintained his power??? coz we did aug. and julio... but mainly augustus... i found d essayz really good along with sec 1 & 2
no dude. hes talking about one of the questions for 'rome: augustus to titus'
It is one of the dot points and they are allowed to ask about any dot point, so..

i did that for my essay, went ok i think. mainly talked about augustus gaining power from the senate and how claudius used freedmen and allowed them to enter the government and that this effected the decisions made.
also talked about how unique this government was compared to how it used to be, ie: ruled by one man.
and i talked about how alot of the senators were corrupt.

Doobie

HSC
Gummy_bear said:
no dude. hes talking about one of the questions for 'rome: augustus to titus'
It is one of the dot points and they are allowed to ask about any dot point, so..

i did that for my essay, went ok i think. mainly talked about augustus gaining power from the senate and how claudius used freedmen and allowed them to enter the government and that this effected the decisions made.
also talked about how unique this government was compared to how it used to be, ie: ruled by one man.
and i talked about how alot of the senators were corrupt.

I also did this essay. I hope you refferred to either Titus or Vespasian ;)

I used the Freedmen with Both Cluadius and Nero, talking of how Historians say Nero left Narcissus in charge of Rome whilst he went on his tour of greece. I also used Augustus and his manipulation of the senate, and the Army slightly in the way they chose Vespasian as Emperor, kinda :p

The questions were very generic in the exam, which was good, I found little trouble in answering them extensively ^^

EDIT: On topic, government was a major dot point in the syllabus, you should have studied it. No offence, but, Government, Women, Economy and Building schemes have appeared quite frequently throughout past HSC papers.

DeStInYbLkMaGiC

HSC
wow i thought that was a really good question, we did a lot of work on it which i thought was stupid at the time. i ended up doing the question on how augustus established and maintained his power which was one of my assement taskz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)