one week until year 12! (1 Viewer)

mikrokosmos

HSC
hey !

sorry if i posted on the wrong forum, but what should i be doing in the lead up to year 12??
i have all of my holiday hw done, and i'm in the midst of reading my texts for adv and ext eng.

i also need to finish up my notes from prelims, but is there anything else??

ALSO, are ********* books worth buying?? thinking of getting it for bio and eco.

if you have any advice, pls let me know!!

thank youu :)

erucibon

HSC
N/A
In my opinion no books are worth buying as there are plenty of resources from past papers and your school that those types of notes and question books are extremely unnecessary. I bought $100+ of ********* books in the holidays before year 12 because it was so heavily reviewed on this site and their site and I ended up trying to use them but they weren't nearly as helpful as people made them out to be.

studiesofboard

HSC
hey !

sorry if i posted on the wrong forum, but what should i be doing in the lead up to year 12??
i have all of my holiday hw done, and i'm in the midst of reading my texts for adv and ext eng.

i also need to finish up my notes from prelims, but is there anything else??

ALSO, are ********* books worth buying?? thinking of getting it for bio and eco.

if you have any advice, pls let me know!!

thank youu :)
Hey! :) take a bit of a break before you rush into year 12 work. Watch movies etc for a few days. I wouldn't bother finishing up prelim notes because once you start year 12 you are going to learn new content and year 11 work is not going to matter. Textbooks are good to buy especially if you want to get ahead of the class or just for extra clarification on topics.

Check this out: https://boredofstudies.org/forums/buy-sell.46/

Good luck with year 12 :)

turtle67

HSC
I'm also going into year 12 next week and all I've done or am going to do is read my English adv text for next term and write a bit of stuff about context, summaries, themes and start making a quote bank etc.

For most subjects I reckon there isn't that much point in finishing off your prelim notes, aside from maths. My maths teacher said just to go over topics and do a few questions just to keep it fresh I guess, as maths in year 12 builds on prelim stuff and also prelim stuff is in the hsc.

Other than that just enjoy your holiday I reckon :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Better resources for a similar price. For economics, make sure you have access to both Riley and Dixon.

turtle67

HSC
Better resources for a similar price. For economics, make sure you have access to both Riley and Dixon.
So you would recommend getting both of those text books?

For prelim my school used Matthew Parsons' Strategic Economics which I thought was pretty good and I think we're going to use it again for the HSC. Would you recommend getting the Riley and Dixon books as well though?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
So you would recommend getting both of those text books?

For prelim my school used Matthew Parsons' Strategic Economics which I thought was pretty good and I think we're going to use it again for the HSC. Would you recommend getting the Riley and Dixon books as well though?
Yes, I would suggest getting Riley and Dixon.

mikrokosmos

HSC
Hey! :) take a bit of a break before you rush into year 12 work. Watch movies etc for a few days. I wouldn't bother finishing up prelim notes because once you start year 12 you are going to learn new content and year 11 work is not going to matter. Textbooks are good to buy especially if you want to get ahead of the class or just for extra clarification on topics.

Check this out: https://boredofstudies.org/forums/buy-sell.46/

Good luck with year 12 :)
okay, thank you :D so my subjects for y12 are bio eco 3u math 4u eng,, so i dont need to finish bio eco notes? thank u

ashmitalal20

HSC
okay, thank you :D so my subjects for y12 are bio eco 3u math 4u eng,, so i dont need to finish bio eco notes? thank u
Just my opinion, but if I were you I would probably finish those notes because yr 11 stuff is also tested on the HSC. From the teachers at my school they say it makes up around 40% of the HSC so that's my thoughts. I hope it helped?

c8

HSC
Just my opinion, but if I were you I would probably finish those notes because yr 11 stuff is also tested on the HSC. From the teachers at my school they say it makes up around 40% of the HSC so that's my thoughts. I hope it helped?
It's only around 40% for math and even then the majority of that is revisited in topics in year 12. For most other subejcts you won't have heaps of prelim content

ashmitalal20

HSC
It's only around 40% for math and even then the majority of that is revisited in topics in year 12. For most other subejcts you won't have heaps of prelim content
that sounds about right :) although if you want to consolidate your prelim knowledge which acts as a base for hsc. You could finish those notes

beetree1

HSC
sign up to ********* free trial and have a look at their notes on pdf, i did that and i was super glad that i didnt buy any of them lmao

beetree1

HSC
Did you use any other study guides, if so what have you been using?
Nope i never found guides useful anyways.. for me

I have just been cramming as many past papers as humanely possible!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)