Premium Member
HSC
N/A
yeah i want to help out >< but i missed the stalls :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
nah, fresh meat is always good to spot :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe, damn who was the dude in the mentor program :(
i wanted to register :S

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
we signed up for the mentoring program... there was one of those stalls around the courtyard last week....

there's also a page in your diary with a form to be a mentor!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
diary...yes....i think that got burnt as i left on orientation >< (18th and all....)

courtyard, i was stuck in classes :(

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
so u dont get paid for working at open days?!? coz i worked during an actuarial information morning kinda like an open day and i got paid...

Last edited:

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
so can you still give in those forms in the diary?

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Yes you do get paid for working on open day. But you dont get to keep the t-shirt! And if you registered to work as a mentor, then you wont start till early next year when the new bunch of students arrive.

And yes, you can give in those mentor forms anytime of the year until near the end of the year i think.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
so how do you sign up to work on open days? and wheredo you drop off the forms for mentors?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
wow you get paid? cool.. thats a bonus!!
was just planning on using it as resume filler... LOL

is mentoring the same as those open days thing? or do i have to give in another form?!?!

X

xeuyrawp

I applied to be a mentor this week, will that mean I can help out on the Open Day, or is it for O-Week?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Both, I think... but Mentors are mainly there to be mentors, not tour guides, I think, so their main role is on O-week and to be buddies for the 'fresh meat'. MJ and I were mentors at the beginning of the year: bit boring, not as rewarding as expected... but I'm gonna be a team leader next year so that's allll gonna change ;)

X

xeuyrawp

Skittled said:
Both, I think... but Mentors are mainly there to be mentors, not tour guides, I think, so their main role is on O-week and to be buddies for the 'fresh meat'. MJ and I were mentors at the beginning of the year: bit boring, not as rewarding as expected... but I'm gonna be a team leader next year so that's allll gonna change ;)
So how do I sign up for the open day, or is it implied that because I want to mentor, I want to o-day it?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
..er... actually if O-day is on saturday, I haven't heard anything about the mentors being involved. Not a whisper. They'd have tried to get as many as they could have, so we'd have been snail-mailed if it was on.

So.. correction to my last post: just O-week at the beginning of semester, not O-day.

Stupid O-breviations.

X

xeuyrawp

Skittled said:
..er... actually if O-day is on saturday, I haven't heard anything about the mentors being involved. Not a whisper. They'd have tried to get as many as they could have, so we'd have been snail-mailed if it was on.

So.. correction to my last post: just O-week at the beginning of semester, not O-day.

Stupid O-breviations.
Er, the open day is the 10th september, which is more than a month away. Maybe they organised it already? That's sucks:(

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Er, the open day is the 10th september, which is more than a month away. Maybe they organised it already? That's sucks:(
always next year man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)