Open Universitys vs Campus Study (1 Viewer)

BtownLee

HSC
Hi All,

i just had a question as i as heavily thinking about undertaking open universities australia but want to find out more about it. I have done half a business management degree majoring in marketing at newcastle university at ourimbah, but would find it easier doing open universities as i have just got a new job, and have to do uni part time, but i could still do uni full time if i was doing it all over the internet.

So i had a few questions. What are the advantages vs disadvantages of doing university over open universities australia. Do open uni aust still charge through HECs or do they have a different system, and are coarse prices the same? And lastly, would the end certificate look better if i stayed at Newcastle University or Open Uni's?..or wouldn't it make a difference??

Thanks to everyone thats writes back!

DTFM

HSC
Advantages:

You can do the degree in half the time
You don't have to be in the same room as other people
It allows you to work any hours you want without missing classes

Disadvantages:

You will need to be committed to doing the course to succeed
Learning languages would be harder
A little bit more expensive than on-campus study

OUA only have FEE-HELP, but you don't get charged the extra 20% that you do if you use FEE-HELP at a regular university.

I don't know how employers look on OUA students, but your diploma won't say "Open Universities Australia" anywhere on it, and I guess it is up to you whether or not you disclose that you studied through them.

I'm considering switching to OUA to study either Business or IT as well so I can work full-time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)