[Option Topic] Software Developer's View of Hardware (1 Viewer)

ace

is retired
HSC
JRasnier, you are wrong

it specially said 4 bit two complement, thus stick to 4 bits, you do 8 bits automatically wrong. Even though you got the correct answer you had teh wrong process, half marks lost alreadly.

It like fudging it by converting it to decimal then to binary again. Wrong process

and serisouly how hard is 4 bit binary, its only 4 bits, half the damn work

Rahul

Dead Member
wasnt too sure for most calculations, hopefully about 10/20 for options :D perhaps less.

i'm not too worried, i didnt study the option since the trials, and even then i didnt study much :p

it wont be counting for me, so like i said not to worried.

Kn1ght_M4r3

Originally posted by Winston
Not given the actually binary equivalent for Black and White i assigned them a made up value and stated that

i then formed an example data packet of what the finger print data packet will be explaining on the header, data and trailer, i then talked about the odd bit parity as well.

Now for the packet actually being sent to the door, what i did was i managed to remember my ASCII for some things and mind you i remembered NAK and ACK, converted them to binary, and explained on these two ASCII codes, and what they do, so i then said if the finger print is wrong a data packet with the NAK binary equivalent will be sent to the door, while if the finger print is correct a ACK Binary equivalent for the data in a data packet will be be sent to the door.

aww great i did that do, the ACK NACK ERR NYET STALL all that shit i just bs anything into it lol. ahahah

JRasnier

Originally posted by ace
JRasnier, you are wrong

it specially said 4 bit two complement, thus stick to 4 bits, you do 8 bits automatically wrong. Even though you got the correct answer you had teh wrong process, half marks lost alreadly.

It like fudging it by converting it to decimal then to binary again. Wrong process

and serisouly how hard is 4 bit binary, its only 4 bits, half the damn work
i didnt do it that way in the exam, i was just merely doing it after the exam and got it right doing it that way...i was merely saying...

Bezzer

I laughed when they asked for a truth table for an and gate. The last question required a bit of bullshiting, but I think i'll get some marks. Basically i just said that the signal from the scanner to the computer is complex, computer to the door is simple, but they're both digital signals and talked about error checking in the trailer packets.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Bezzer
I laughed when they asked for a truth table for an and gate. The last question required a bit of bullshiting, but I think i'll get some marks. Basically i just said that the signal from the scanner to the computer is complex, computer to the door is simple, but they're both digital signals and talked about error checking in the trailer packets.
heh yeah i'm like AND gate, truth table... WAT?!lol..

who did a nice flowchart?

i didntLOL i just had like 4 decisions that flowed on down the whole page :p... a bit taddy but it works

Bezzer

mine had two decisions I think. I had one going "Is a = to 1" and if that was true then i would set c to 1, if it was false, i'd check b, and if it was one i'd set c to one, if it was false i'd set it to 0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)