options (1 Viewer)

Fermentation

HSC
when you reach the option topics, are you able to choose a different option to what the teacher or class have decided to do...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
it is advised you do not...

and there are competing arguments for both...

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Depends on your teacher and how flexible she/he is, the numbers in your class and how much work and effort you're willing to put into doing that option (esp if your considering doing it by yourself.) :)

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
our class did all different options - it was mad cos i chose medical physics (the easiest :) and i wasnt forced to do any work for most of the term cos the teacher was too busy helping everyone else with their challenging options).

so I think having a split class has many advantages - although the stupid teacher made the assessment task a presentation so we all had to listen to stuff we didn't need to know.....and i got beaten by someone who did astrophysics for that assignment :(

But in the exams the medical physics people on the whole did a lot better than everyone else :D:D

save learning for uni, just try to get through the hsc in one piece (and choosing the easy road will make it much less stressful)....

cuppy

HSC
N/A
it usually depends on your school, teachers and class numbers. in my school there were 3 physics classes and two did medical physics while the other did quanta to quarks.

each class voted on which topic they wanted and some students were allowed to join a different class if they really wanted to do that topic, although most just stayed cos its more convenient.

if you want a definite answer ask your class teacher about it.

gorillaunsw

HSC
medial physics is by FAR the easiest....at my school 2 classes are doing Astro...and my class is doing Medical....and medical is not only a shorter course...but also easier to understand because it is in our every day lives...

could someone also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...but up the questions they had for their medical physics trials onto this website...thanks everyone

r0b

HSC
So would everyone agree that medical physics is the easiest (compared to astro?) I have to pick one of the two.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
r0b said:
So would everyone agree that medical physics is the easiest (compared to astro?) I have to pick one of the two.
dude medical ftw.

its so fast, 4 simple dot points. the last dot point is abit anoying, but nothing too major..

its the way 2 go :)

as for picking the option u want. It depends on ur teacher, If you have a really crap teacher, i say choose the one you will do best in. if you're teacher is good tho.....just follow him/her :p

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
medical is the easiest

in our class, we were able to choose them individually because no one could agree...

even though it's not as interesting, if you're chasing marks then definitely go for medical physics - and satisfy your thirst for knowledge at uni...

actually MRI is pretty interesting, but the other stuff is dull as :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)