Orientation Day 12th or 20th? (1 Viewer)

hotChoklat

HSC
I gotta go to the first one (12th) cos of camp but which one is everyone goin to?

shimmy&shine

HSC
Are we allowed to change later on? I want to go to both (I think I'm becoming a bit over-enthusiastic about uni! lol)

For now I'm going to go to the 20th February.

Beetle

HSC
Im going on the 19th, but i think the orientation days are different for each faculty. Like the 19th of February would be for the Business Students?

shimmy&shine

HSC
It think because there is such a large number of business students, you have your very own orientation day.

I'm doing BArts and the only two options i had was: 12th February - for any student; 20th February for all non-business students.

hotChoklat

HSC
ahh i hope most the communications people arent going to the 20th one, i wanted to go that one but it seems kinda pointless goin on 20th when law camp is 14th-16th.
Yeah tha business people must have their own thing. all students can come on the 12th and non-business only for the 20th\
EDIT: shimmy shine beat me to it lol come to the 12th aye there will probably be more people!

shimmy&shine

HSC
now that i think about it, I'll prefer to go to the bigger day, although i'll doubt that would change the amount of new people i will meet. But i want to do everything early so i might come to the 12th! :) I don't know if i can change though, but i don't think it's a big deal if I pop up on the 12th, lol.

hotChoklat

HSC
It prolly wont matter, i think they ask just to find out how many people will be at each day

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Its not a big deal if you turn up to another day as they don't have a roll they make upon entry - its just to ensure they have enough seats. Last year the university was over flowing with people so they had to set up a second hall and get a projector to show us what the speaker was saying in the other room. There's also very little point in going to more than one of these sessions as most of the information is exactly the same, you also won't meet an awful lot of people because its basically a crowd of randoms. If you have a friend who does the course then I'd advise you to go with them or if you feel bold, meet up with someone on the forums to go with.

There also should be a faculty welcome for you guys on the same week as O-day, I can't remember the exact date that is on but it is something for you to look out for. I'd also like to emphasise this for the double degree students - because one faculty is in charge of each program you might miss out on some stuff. For example in alot of the communications 'getting to know you' welcome sessions, there weren't any law/comm students which is a bit of a shame when you consider there was nothing stopping people from going to both. So look into that if you can at all.

There's also a link here about the Orientation Day schedules:
http://datasearch.uts.edu.au/ssu/orientation/campus_programs/index.html

hotChoklat

HSC
thanks for the advice mate, im doin that double stuff with law/comm so i guess i gotta find out when the faculty welcomes are on. cheers

Etheral

HSC
how about business/laws students?

becasue there was that non-business, business option during that online enrolment, so im confused now

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Etheral said:
how about business/laws students?

becasue there was that non-business, business option during that online enrolment, so im confused now
The information will generally be the same regardless of which one you go to, though the business one would probably be more customised to whatever questions you have to ask.

Benmc

HSC
Is there such thing as an O-week at UTS?

So its just two days right? And not inbetween those dates?

Cheers

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
im guessing all the IT students going to camp will have to go to the one on the 20th?, cuz we leave for camp on the 12th, unless enrolment finishes before 12.30 :\

EDIT:, is enrolment a one day thing?, i keep getting the idea it runs for a week or something :\

EDIT EDIT:, nah they just have those sessions, then some other volantary activities that run all week, like some sort of study skills lecture? (theres 6 of them :\)

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Spider786 said:
im guessing all the IT students going to camp will have to go to the one on the 20th?, cuz we leave for camp on the 12th, unless enrolment finishes before 12.30 :\

EDIT:, is enrolment a one day thing?, i keep getting the idea it runs for a week or something :\

EDIT EDIT:, nah they just have those sessions, then some other volantary activities that run all week, like some sort of study skills lecture? (theres 6 of them :\)
Enrollment is all on one day - some people just have different days. The academic seminars and such run throughout the week though.

Benmc said:
Is there such thing as an O-week at UTS?
We have O-day, which contains the kind of things you'd expect from other universities' O-week.

hotChoklat

HSC
Faculty welcome days....dunno if its worth goin to:

BUSINESS
Presentation followed by light refreshments
Friday 23 Feb
3.00pm
Great Hall, Level 5, Tower Building

DESIGN, ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING
Friday 23 February
11.00am Welcome (Construction, Architecture & Property Economics)
Guthrie Theatre (CB06.03.28)
11.30am Information Sessions
Followed by:
DAB Student BBQ,12.30pm (all students)

2.00pm Welcome (Design)
Guthrie Theatre (CB06.03.28)
2.30pm Information Sessions
Building 6, 702-730 Harris Street, Ultimo

EDUCATION
Mon 19 February
7.00pm
Faculty lounge, Level 5, Building 10

ENGINEERING (has a camp)

HUMANITIES
Meet & Greet: talk to staff and current students from the faculty
Wednesday 21 Feb
2.00pm-4.00pm
Guthrie Theatre, CB06.03.28

IT (has a camp)

LAW (camp+)
Thursday 22 February 2007
11.30am Registration commences
12.00pm-1.00pm Presentation & Panel Discussion
1.00pm-2.30pm Meet & Greet with Student Services Session (BBQ Lunch provided)
Faculty of Law Moot Court - Room CM05B.102
Ground floor, Building 5B, 1-51 Quay Street, Haymarket

NURSING, MIDWIFERY & HEALTH
Bachelor of Midwifery and Bachelor of Nursing
Thursday 22 February
11.00am-12.15pm
CB02.04.13

SCIENCE
All undergraduate and postgraduate students
Thursday 22 February
3.00pm-5.00pm
Uni Hall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)