OTEN course inquiry? (1 Viewer)

peterlay129

HSC
just wondering if you can start an OTEN course from semester 2? or do you have to start from semester 1?

Kat92

HSC
I think that you can start the course anytime that you like. (Someone correct me if I am wrong!) Although, I have heard that some courses normally take around 4 to 6 yrs to complete via OTEN. Your best bet would be to ring them up and discuss possible options for the course that you are interested in.

Deearna

HSC
The main idea of Distant learning such as OTEN is that you have the flexibility in learning you may not receive from a TAFE campus. You are able to enrol at any time throughout the year, although you still need to re-enrol every 12 months. And also, with doing courses via OTEN the normal holiday periods may delay some results/feedback due to the teachers being on holidays also. The time frames on most courses will have a maximum time although everybody works at a different pace- thus the flexibility- and therefore will complete the course at a different rate.

Hope this helps.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I think that you can start the course anytime that you like. (Someone correct me if I am wrong!) Although, I have heard that some courses normally take around 4 to 6 yrs to complete via OTEN. Your best bet would be to ring them up and discuss possible options for the course that you are interested in.
Yeah, if you did like 1 assignment a month, maybe.

I've completed a Cert II in IT via OTEN. I think I enrolled just before Christmas? It took me 4 months to complete.

Kat92

HSC
Yeah, if you did like 1 assignment a month, maybe.

I've completed a Cert II in IT via OTEN. I think I enrolled just before Christmas? It took me 4 months to complete.
I was referring more to things like cert 4, diploma and advanced diploma.

Certainly agree with you- a cert 2 could be completed quite quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)