Othello (1 Viewer)

xibu34

HSC
Anybody had to read Othello for English advanced in year 11 ?

Is it really necessary to read all of it, or would it be more time effective to skim through it and summarize. We weren't actually told what we had to read it for but I'm assuming we will be assessed on it.

airora

HSC
You're probably reading it for Mod B (Critical Study of Literature). I don't think there's any harm in reading it commpletely, and personally, it was pretty engaging, so if you have the time and interest, go for it :) It might also help to watch a production of it whilst reading it at the same time

xibu34

HSC
You're probably reading it for Mod B (Critical Study of Literature). I don't think there's any harm in reading it commpletely, and personally, it was pretty engaging, so if you have the time and interest, go for it :) It might also help to watch a production of it whilst reading it at the same time
I didn't think of reading it while watching a production, I think that will make it a lot more engaging. Do you actually get assessed on it, or is it just recommended to read it ?

airora

HSC
I didn't think of reading it while watching a production, I think that will make it a lot more engaging. Do you actually get assessed on it, or is it just recommended to read it ?
You will be assessed on this if it is your prescribed text (it was my prescribed text in year 11) - maybe confirm with your teacher about this. Whether you choose to read it is ultimately up to you; you could read through it if you want or you could just skim through and use sparknotes. You'll probably gain a better understanding of the text if you read it completely though :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)