outstanding achievement scholarships? (1 Viewer)

L'Encre.Marron.

HSC
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could clear things up for me - how much do you get each year from the outstanding achievement scholarship from usyd (the 99.95 or 100 uai one?)

I tried searching the forum and from what i understand it's only $5000 per year, but surely that can't be true? Doesn't UNSW give $10000 per year, and that's even for 99.9 or above? Isn't there a need on Sydney's part to provide a competitive scholarship offer to attract the students they want?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
The OAS at USYD is valued at $10,000 a year for up to 5 years. The Merit Scholarships at USYD are $5,000 a year for up to 5 years, and Merit Entry Scholarships are $5,000 one-off.

I_F

meg__

HSC
insert-username said:
The OAS at USYD is valued at $10,000 a year for up to 5 years. The Merit Scholarships at USYD are $5,000 a year for up to 5 years, and Merit Entry Scholarships are $5,000 one-off.

I_F
I got 99.5, but I'm going overseas for a year so I didn't apply. Can I just apply for next years round of scholarships? And what is the 'cut-off' for Merit Scholarships?

Thaaaank you. And well done on 99.6. Are you going to the breakfast tomorrow morning?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
meg__ said:
I got 99.5, but I'm going overseas for a year so I didn't apply. Can I just apply for next years round of scholarships? And what is the 'cut-off' for Merit Scholarships?
The absolute minimum UAI for a Merit scholarship is 95, but it's based on other things like co-curricular activities, leadership, achievements at school, community service, yada yada yada, so an astronomical UAI isn't a guarantee you'll get one - but it obviously makes it a lot easier.

I have no idea if you can apply for next year's round if you're deferring. You have to get stuff from your school, but they might waive that, I suppose. You might try getting in touch with the Scholarships office and asking them.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
meg__ said:

Thaaaank you. And well done on 99.6. Are you going to the breakfast tomorrow morning?
Thanks - I was invited to an afternoon tea yesterday afternoon (a mate of mine went to breakfast). :)

Congratulations on your own result, but unfortunately, you cannot apply for next year's round of scholarships. You can only apply in the year you finish high school (you can defer scholarships for up to one year if you're going overseas). There may be other scholarship/bursary options available, but you won't be able to receive a Merit/OA scholarship. :(

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)