Paper 1 and 2 Essay + Creative Questions? (New Syllabus) (1 Viewer)

Heresy

HSC
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any additional essay and/or creative writing questions that they can share Relating to the New Syllabus?

Besides memorising quotes and themes etc., its becoming a bit of a struggle to study for English as:
  1. The only New Syllabus Resources that we have are the Sample HSC Exams that NESA have put on their website - which only provides a limited amount of essays to practice for Papers 1&2, and practicing the same questions isn't helping,
  2. NESA still haven't obtained permission from authors to publish their work on their past HSC exams for the stimulus based section of Paper 1 and even some parts of Paper 2,
  3. Module C's question is (most likely) going to have something to do with creative writing, and I have no clue on where to obtain questions that are relevant to the New Syllabus...
Thanks for your time.

Accurate

clix
HSC
The lack of new syllabus resources is driving me crazy and I'm not even in Yr 11 and 12 yet, I don't know how I'll manage when it comes to my HSC.

TeheeCat

HSC
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any additional essay and/or creative writing questions that they can share Relating to the New Syllabus?

Besides memorising quotes and themes etc., its becoming a bit of a struggle to study for English as:
  1. The only New Syllabus Resources that we have are the Sample HSC Exams that NESA have put on their website - which only provides a limited amount of essays to practice for Papers 1&2, and practicing the same questions isn't helping,
  2. NESA still haven't obtained permission from authors to publish their work on their past HSC exams for the stimulus based section of Paper 1 and even some parts of Paper 2,
  3. Module C's question is (most likely) going to have something to do with creative writing, and I have no clue on where to obtain questions that are relevant to the New Syllabus...
Thanks for your time.
Hey, if you google HSC English new syllabus questions, some websites (e.g. Matrix tutoring, HSC blogging site - i can't remember the name from the top of my head) provide sample HSC questions and even practise papers (I know Matrix even provides an practise Common Module question, so that should help with answering short answers questions). Granted, they may not be provided by NESA themselves but I believe it's worth looking into considering the lack of resources we have. Do make sure you send these essay drafts to your teachers!

Depending on what your prescribed texts are for Module A and B, some past HSC paper questions will be useful. For example, if you're studying T.S Eliot poetry for Module B, then you will definitely find old questions (look at 2018 and 2016 in particular, those questions were quite trippy!)

There should also be sample questions on Module C (I'm not sure as I admit, I didn't exactly study a lot for it...). I agree, it's a very tricky Module to prepare for, as they could throw you a creative writing or discursive or others. In our English trials, we had to do two types of writing: both a creative writing that's based on the persona/perspective of an individual in a prescribed text, and then a reflection piece on our choices (e.g. what techniques were inspired by the text blah blah). So yeah, Module C's question... could be anything, really.

The lack of new syllabus resources is driving me crazy and I'm not even in Yr 11 and 12 yet, I don't know how I'll manage when it comes to my HSC.
Believe me, this is our cohort's top concern as well... we are all stressed about this. By the time you start the HSC though, you will have at least 2 HSC exam papers, hopefully trial exams uploaded by schools and more practise stuff provided in general! I'm not exactly the best in preparing for English either, but try to make the habit of sending practise essays for feedback to multiple teachers (practise body paragraphs if you dont have time) and do make sure your notes are consolidated as well. Again, by the time your HSC starts there should be some notes/essays for the new syllabus!

MrSir

HSC
N/A
I have copies of at least 4 other paper one papers and a range of questions for paper 2 advanced and standard which are available to me as a teacher on a teacher’s website .

LoanWoolfq

HSC
I have copies of at least 4 other paper one papers and a range of questions for paper 2 advanced and standard which are available to me as a teacher on a teacher’s website .
Would you kindly share MrSir?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)