Paper 2: All modules-difficulty (1 Viewer)

rishibishi

HSC
What module did you find the hardest? Did the prepared answers help? (PS I heard the board is trying to stop people from pre-preparing their essays and thus the central focus on belonging to place in paper one :S, is that true?)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
I prepared my belonging paragraphs. I managed to answer the question thoroughly at the start of the paragraph, throughout the body of each and relate back to it at the end. It's all about perception, so essentially if you can back it up; they can't say your wrong.

rishibishi

HSC
I prepared my belonging paragraphs. I managed to answer the question thoroughly at the start of the paragraph, throughout the body of each and relate back to it at the end. It's all about perception, so essentially if you can back it up; they can't say your wrong.
yea true but almost everything is right in english if you give a reason :/ its just too opinionated IMO

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I find Module C the most difficult.

TheWolfsLunch

HSC
Overall the exam didn't seem as hard as I expected. Finally wrote more than 10 pages (4, 3, 4 with 8-9 words a line), so I'm proud.

I'm just cheering that English is over. For good. Done. Weeee!

K

kleenextissues1

Im so excited that there is no more english...... Frank/BR was great, Speeches was good (lucky Suu Kyi was one of my major focuses lol), and Julius caesar was good too.

SnowTau

HSC
Everyone here was annoyed about B... I didn't think it was that bad.

yours

HSC
Everyone here was annoyed about B... I didn't think it was that bad.
I agree. But I can understand for people who studied a group of poems/speeches the question would have thrown them.

taeyang

HSC
I only prepared 2 speeches.. one just happened to be that one so I was happy :D

katoji

HSC
Strangely enough I found belonging the hardest!! I totally screwed that up.
Module A and B were fine for me, but C...how were you meant to address the 'evocative and unique' part of the question? So I just bullshitted.

anlee

HSC
N/A
But Mod C they asked for ONE text and that screwed me up :(
Advanced was so hard!!! Probs shud have been expected since belonging was easier:S

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
hated mod b with Hamlet, but loved Frankenrunner and 50th Gate, they were a gift, really. Actually quite lasy of BOS imo.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
hated mod b with Hamlet, but loved Frankenrunner and 50th Gate, they were a gift, really. Actually quite lasy of BOS imo.
Nah they wouldn't be so mean to be screw up kids for more than 1 mod.

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely Module B. Module B was the bane of my existence, the quintessential feeling of alienation...

HOWEVER, Module A and C were relatively similar in ease, and seemed to follow the past questions very well. Module A followed the typical question on context and Module C's substitution of "diverse and provocative insights" with, more or less, "unique and evocative" wasn't particularly devastating.

HSC
i thought the module paper was quite easy,,, really enjoyed hamlet for module b....i thought belonging essay was the hardest

spaceflower

HSC
Strangely enough I found belonging the hardest!! I totally screwed that up.
Gahhhh... Same!!! I did the essay first for belong and had a mental blank but for everything else I was on fire!!! I was just getting warmed up for exams in my belonging essay....

jamesfirst

HSC
I agree. But I can understand for people who studied a group of poems/speeches the question would have thrown them.
Like me.......

I didn't know anything about the fucking Violets. I ended up doing 4 poems (violets + 3 other poems I studied)

HSC
Uni Grad
I was so lucky I studied suu kyi and analyzed it in depth

I personally found belonging easy, mod A easy, mod B quite difficult and mod C piss easy

BTW 1,600th post :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)