parents gifts for getting good in hsc ? or no gifts :( (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
who got gifts for doing well in the hsc...

I know people who get cars and money

personally I got nothing :( I get angry comments :(

my sister got like $1000 + some expensive gold thingo... :( for getting a premiers award and 98 something uai :( + she got more money from my school for been dux liek naother grand all of its gone now ahhahahaha

I didnt get jack shit...

oh well I have a car and my sister doesnt hahahhahahaha

if you got gifts tell me what you got to make me feel like shit..

dont lie awell!!!!!!!!!

darkroomgirl

HSC
My parents paid for my 5-day holiday along the Hawkesbury... 'twas very nice and relaxing... had a holiday unit right on the beach! They said they still wanted to give me something else cos yeh, they're quite proud of me :)

Also, my grandma's just jetted down from the States and she's gonna be giving me money. Woohoo, US dollars!

nwatts

HSC
I didn't get anything. But that said, I'm not sure I deserved anything. I excelled in a few subjects, but performed poorly in others. I didn't really put in a whole lot of effort throughout the year either, which my parents were fully aware of.

I did, however, get a nice little $50 from school a few weeks ago. :)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Dinner out.

Needed it too. Cause I just couldn't (and didn't) eat from Thursday til the UAI came out.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i got jack all
and i did good too
but i never get anything.
my parents don't believe in incentives
self-motivation

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
nwatts said:
I didn't get anything. But that said, I'm not sure I deserved anything. I excelled in a few subjects, but performed poorly in others. I didn't really put in a whole lot of effort throughout the year either, which my parents were fully aware of.

I did, however, get a nice little $50 from school a few weeks ago. :)
Hey nwatts, what UAI did you get? (if you don't mind). Because either you (or someone with the similar name) seemed to be excellent in English and gave great advice on the English sub-sections.

7th Sign

HSC
how much do some schools give?

my school is a cheapo public school in a very good area and we give liek $1000 for dux lol

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
I go to a grammar school and we don't give nuttin for Dux - unless you go to Newcastle Uni, THEN you can have a grand or so.

nwatts

HSC
what971 said:
Hey nwatts, what UAI did you get? (if you don't mind). Because either you (or someone with the similar name) seemed to be excellent in English and gave great advice on the English sub-sections.
My UAI was unfortunately only 88.65.

I performed well in English Adv (91), and History Ext (47/50) but was extremely disappointed with my performance in Modern History (89) and English Ext 1 (40/50). This is because my end of year reports and trial results showed me that modern and ee1 were my two strongest subjects, and come HSC time I didn't perform. I also scored a band 6 in Visual Arts (90), which was limited from my 95 exam mark because of my poor ranking. When it came to Mathematics, I scraped in a band 3 (60). While this is a shitty mark, it was expected. I hated maths, I was terrible at it, it was a very poor choice of subject.

I am frustrated with my results, because had I chosen drama, society and culture and ee2 instead of mathematics, I'd sit here with a far higher UAI and I would have enjoyed year 12 to a greater degree. Similarly with art, if I'd performed throughout the year and made a point of not irritating my teacher, my rank would have been higher, and I would have matched the 95 exam mark with an assessment mark that was reasonable.

But, by the end of the day, all that counts is whether I can get into uni... and thankfully (because of UOW's bonus point schemes) I can get into the BCM / BCA double.

7th Sign

HSC
flamearrows said:
I go to a grammar school and we don't give nuttin for Dux - unless you go to Newcastle Uni, THEN you can have a grand or so.

suck shit lol

sif people pay to go to school then the school doesnt give them shit...

I dont pay any thing to go to my school and they give people money...

:cool:

nedzelic

HSC
7th Sign said:
who got gifts for doing well in the hsc...

I know people who get cars and money

personally I got nothing :( I get angry comments :(

my sister got like $1000 + some expensive gold thingo... :( for getting a premiers award and 98 something uai :( + she got more money from my school for been dux liek naother grand all of its gone now ahhahahaha

I didnt get jack shit...

oh well I have a car and my sister doesnt hahahhahahaha

if you got gifts tell me what you got to make me feel like shit..

dont lie awell!!!!!!!!!
money from the school? damn i wish i got that

i've been promised something but i always beg for nothing

cataleptic

HSC
I got nothing, but it's not like I wanted anything or was expecting anything.

My mum bought home thai for dinner that night though, and then halfway through the meal said "uh yeah... um... this can be the celebration dinner". Haha, woh-ev.

Mandy101

HSC
I gained the personal satisfaction of gaining a UAI of 99.0 and a Premiers Award for my natural ability and persistence. I don't need any presents :) Anyway, my birthday was two weeks ago, so what I got for that will suffice.

SlipStream

HSC
My parents went half/half with me on my "graduation gift". I went down to Oran Park (a racetrack in south-western Sydney) and drove a Lotus Elise Racing car. I was second fastest on the day - I was the only person under 25, and I beat heaps of ex-pros and even a current pro. The instructors there were shocked at how quick I was. Because I did so well, I'm being considered for a seat in a V8 Supercar support-category (Aussie Racing Cars) for 2007 or 2008, and that could very well be the window for my aspirations as a professional racing car driver. How's that for a graduation gift? :D

7th Sign

HSC
SlipStream said:
My parents went half/half with me on my "graduation gift". I went down to Oran Park (a racetrack in south-western Sydney) and drove a Lotus Elise Racing car. I was second fastest on the day - I was the only person under 25, and I beat heaps of ex-pros and even a current pro. The instructors there were shocked at how quick I was. Because I did so well, I'm being considered for a seat in a V8 Supercar support-category (Aussie Racing Cars) for 2007 or 2008, and that could very well be the window for my aspirations as a professional racing car driver. How's that for a graduation gift? :D

lucky kid coooooooool parents...

how much did that set them back...

SlipStream

HSC
7th Sign said:
lucky kid coooooooool parents...

how much did that set them back...
$400 all up.

In retrospect a small price to pay for such a large impact on my career!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)