parking @ unsw (1 Viewer)

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
where are some good places to park, say from 9 - 5?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Parking at unsw is a bitch. I find public transport a lot less stressful than driving around half of kensington looking for a park.

So, if there's some great (cheap) place to park that I haven't discovered yet, I'd like to hear too.

saves.the.day

HSC
Parking in UNSW is really hard to come by. I find that the streets over near matthews building usually has some empty spots however I gave up on driving to uni. Parking isn't that bad though if you are prepared to walk 10-15 min (or longer).

Things to watch out for though are those pesky 1 or 2 hour parking limit spots which seem to pop out randomly on the streets around the uni. Also, dont park in Mc Donalds, they chalk tyres and have a strict parking limit for customers only. Finally, watch out for garbage day. When there are bins on the street, dont park in front of them.. you could land yourself in quite a bit of trouble.

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
i know a free car park where i park and walk it, it's about a 10 min walk, it's not too bad

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Even if you pay for a parking pass you're still not guaranteed a spot. It's ridiculous.

saves.the.day

HSC
Lundy said:
Even if you pay for a parking pass you're still not guaranteed a spot. It's ridiculous.
wow.. really? thats a terrible system. Would anyone know off the top of their head how much a pass costs?

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
that's not a bad price for a year...
i see alot of spaces around uni when i arrive... and since i have a 9am start everyday... shouldn't be too hard to find a available slot

most ppl i know who drive to uni just park on the streets nearby and walk around 5-10minutes

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
LOL dream on $50 a year everyone would be driving to uni!
remember it costs $8 a day!

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
arent passes for phd and staff only? or is this something different?

saves.the.day

HSC
ezzy85 said:
arent passes for phd and staff only? or is this something different?
Thats what I always thought. I just assumed that big carpark near matthews was for teachers and staff only?

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
yep passes are only for staff and PHD students, parking in the uni is $8 per day, and thats not even a guaranteed space since it gets filled up pretty quick in the morning. Park off-street.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
The 50$ pass is actually an after hours one...what i do is normally pay for the 4 hour parking up in the carpark for 4$ and then after 3, my car could stay there for the rest of the day....
i make sure all my classes are in the afternoon though....so no traffic jam ever!!
Plus...i only go to one day a week....so 4 bucks a week isn't bad to have no hassle....
If i go to lectures...i normally park in the 1-2 hour parking around the uni....

or you could park at macca's....does anyone know if you really get booked....

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
they chalk ur tyres at maccas 'apparently'
altho i've known someone who had parked there the whole day...

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
anyone ever tried parking in the carpark in the levels for pass holders?

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Never tried that...and as for macca's...i know someone who always parks there....but seriously...why don't they make it whole day parking for entire area though...i mean gov't just want revenue!!

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
it's mainly for local residents......i wouldn't want to be living there and come home not being able to find a parking spot

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most residents students at the uni...or work near the city area...i would think that they are very familiar with the bus and train system...and most people don't even drive...or have a car....plus...having a limit on time of parking does nothing, since that they don't book you at night anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)