"Part-pay" rent? (1 Viewer)

kalli

HSC
Hi all,

My rental application for a property has just been rejected and the reason was that I currently "part-pay" my rent.

I initially thought this meant I didn't pay all my rent (which isn't true - I always pay the full amount of rent) however, after querying the agent, she said "part-pay" meant that I pay for some of the rent out of one account and some of the rent out of the other account (which is true - I pay from 2 different accounts).

I have never had a rental application rejected before - after speaking to my current agent and previous agents, they say I am a perfect tenant and they are sad to see me leave. I personally have never heard of the term "part-pay" and Google doesn't seem to know what it is either...

My current agent said she hasn't had a phone call for a reference and didn't even know that I was moving (I haven't given notice yet).

Has anyone ever heard of "part-pay" or been rejected because of the way you pay your rent? I even offered $10 a week more than advertised to try and get the property but still rejected :(

I rekon the new agent has a friend or something she is getting to move in and is just making stuff up to get my application rejected.... What do you think?

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
Hi there

I use to be a property manager so this is how it looks to me..

Firstly the agent isnt really required to give you a reason as to why you have been rejected however the main reason would be either...

- you havent demonstrated that you can pay rent
- you dont look like a suitable tenant (its a very judgemental business)
- the owner is fussy and has given instructions as to what type of tenant they want.
- there were other applicants who have better references

Part payments are good when your in advance. Maybe they wanted someone who was always 2 weeks in advance with their rent.

Theres nothing you can really do. Ive seen alot of good tenants miss out on places for all different reasons.

Oh and its sad to admit but some agents are just dodgy. Its good to finally be out of that industry.. its TOUGH!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)