Part time jobs after HS (1 Viewer)

Jolteon

HSC
Hey! Just a general question, but what are some popular part time jobs that Uni students tend to have?
Or like a specific area such as retail/hospitality.

Also, I'm a Y12 thinking of doing some volunteering on the weekends or after school (to take my mind off studying 24/7) what are some good recommendations and is that also a good idea?

I thought about taking up a sport since it can take my mind off things and is beneficial for my health but my parents seem to be quite against it. Is it a good idea?

Thank you!
From a Y12 sick of being by their desk every day and night.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Optus Rockcorps allows you an opportunity to get free tickets.

It is important to exercise during year 12, as exercise has all sorts of cognitive benefits.

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought about taking up a sport since it can take my mind off things and is beneficial for my health but my parents seem to be quite against it. Is it a good idea?

Thank you!

A good habit I've picked up recently is to wake up pretty early (6.30am ish) and walk/run/jog for an hour around my suburb to get into a good mindset early in the day

Or I just do it in the evening

It's pree good and relaxing and takes your mind off studying
Also if you exercise early in the morning you're not stressing about what you need to do / what u could be doing with ur time instead

wouldve been gr8 if i did this in y12 tbh

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey! Just a general question, but what are some popular part time jobs that Uni students tend to have?
Or like a specific area such as retail/hospitality.

Also, I'm a Y12 thinking of doing some volunteering on the weekends or after school (to take my mind off studying 24/7) what are some good recommendations and is that also a good idea?

Thank you!
Rock climbing is pretty fun if u want a recommendation... but yea take one up! I only studied in yr 12 and regretted it shoulda done more fun stuff

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
Yeah I would definitely recommend doing a sport or some sort of physical exercise if you can during Year 12. I found playing basketball during Years 11 and 12 to be a great mechanism for stress relief which was really important when the pressure from exams and assessments were building up. Even something like a small 20 minute walk in the morning everyday will be beneficial I think.

Volunteering activities are great! Maybe do some research on what volunteering activities are available around your area. Personally, I did something called the 'Vinnies Van' if that helps.

Last edited:

Jolteon

HSC
Wow thank you guys!
I didn't expect to have this many replies :)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
you could do a sport after uni hours in a society, soccer, basketball etc

you can do it at your local club on the weekends

if you have particular interests in teaching, maybe volunteer as a tutor, if you have an interest in helping animals, volunteer at an animal shelter.

All these things will help build up your CV as well as opposed to "i went to uni just to study and that's it"

savvy97

HSC
I know a lot of people who've done hospitality (waiting, bartending, barista), retail, nannying, promotions, tutoring, and call centres (surprisingly make a lot of money cold calling!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)