pausing the hsc for the sc... (1 Viewer)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i will never understand why they do this. can't the sc be sat after the hsc is over?

Gemstone

Yes I know it's so annoying. I could've been finished by now but I've got to wait till wednesday to finish. I would think it's an inconvience to them to put the SC on while the HSC is on. But I guess it's not. Anyway I don't understand why the SC can't be sat on Thursday and Friday but I guess Board of Studies just like to annoy us.

mishka

HSC
N/A
...and year 10 results come out earlier than the HSC results!! :(

Jezzabelle

hmm i know that HSC timetable is structured more in favour of teacher's marking then it is in regards to the students.

So most likely the combining of SC and HSC is to assist with teacher's marking.

Its understandable however that SC results come out quicker, more multiple choice, they are all statewide compulsary exams, less aligning of marks and scaling, no UAC exporting of marks.

dont think things would change unfortunetly. but i am empathetic to the HSC students who have to finish WED due to SC exams, although they should see the positives too, more time to cram :)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i just don't think it would be that inconvenient to anyone to hold the sc exams after the hsc, especially when they know hsc students just want it to be over with. i just don't understand their thought pattern on this.

mishka

HSC
N/A
oh well, it gives us kids who have wed, thurs, fri exams two extra days to study for them!! :p

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
yes but wouldn't you just prefer that they were over???

mishka

HSC
N/A
of course!! but may as well make a positive out of it all!! :p

Jessisbored

HSC
i reckon its just another 2 days of stress due to the long wait. Ive had too many ppl lately saying "are you finished?" its been happening for too long, im sick of saying no~!! i finish this thurs, is it even that worth is for society lol

lukins007

HSC
Yep, i don't like the extra waiting either, especially considering that we've already been going for 3 weeks, it's so hard to keep up the momentum. I have 8 days off waiting for a 1 unit exam on friday and it's so painful. I'm not even studying because i'm so over it now

Jessisbored

HSC
yeah ive had 9 days for society and culture lol, ive pretty much done one hour of normal work. i just sit with my notes and do zilch, ive the motivation and the pressure has disappeared

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
school certificat extends my pain but gave me 2 extra days to study ...which i sorta used properly i'm just so over it right now

kylie_robbo

Ha! I have a 17 day break to study for Soc & Cult... How much study do you really think I have done?

Apsolutely zilch.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
traditionally school certificate exams have always been done at this time and the HSC has been built in around them. It mainly has to do with marking -both HSC and SC......HSC english is done first then the markers back up to do SC...same for maths I think which is why Maths was done pretty early on as well. It also makes it a lot easier for schools when it comes to administration (exam rooms) as the exams after the SC *generally* (I know some may argue against this but look at the numbers across the state) have a very small candidature so they are T/T at the end as a lot of schools may not actually run these subjects (broad statement but remember the board deals with numbers not reality!)
I mean, realistically, how many ppl have finished vs have one exam to go (unless you have a really strange subject combo that is!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)