pavement - australian tour 2010(!) (1 Viewer)

johony

HSC
Pavement Australian Tour 2010 - Pavement at Enmore Theatre, Newtown, NSW at Enmore Theatre, Newtown, NSW on Thu, 4 Mar 12:00AM
Pavement, widely renowned as one of the most popular and influential indie-rock bands of the nineties, will be returning to Australia as part of their 2010 world tour.
The original band consisting of Stephen Malkmus, Scott “Spiral Stairs” Kannberg, Mark Ibold, Bob Nastanovich and Steve West will play at select cities around Australia and at Golden Plains music festival in Victoria.
Pavement performed their last show in 1999 at London’s Brixton Academy and their last Australian show in 1998. Since then fans have been holding their breath in anticipation of a reunion show. Their label Matador Records have emphasized that the band have no plans to permanently reunite for further touring and recording.
The band will be kicking off proceedings in Sydney, followed by performances in Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane and wrapping up their Australian tour in Melbourne. Tickets are on sale at 9:00am on Friday October 23, 2009.
A greatest hits album will also be released to coincide with the tour.
Pavement and their musical peers including Nirvana, Sonic Youth, The Pixies and The Beastie Boys wrote the soundtrack of the slacker generation.
It’s been ten years since Pavement left the music scene. Since their split the band continued to grow in popularity with their string of nineties hits including ‘Crooked Rain’, ‘Slanted and Enchanted’, ‘Wowee Zowee’ and ‘Brighten the Corners’ becoming modern indie rock classics.
This tour is a live celebration of the band that has characterized and transformed the indie music scene with their raw and lo-fi recordings.
While Pavement have been on hiatus, Stephen Malkmus and Scott Kannberg have been busy on their respective solo projects. Both Stephen and Scott have toured and released solo records, Stephen Malkmus under his own name, Scott Kannberg under Preston School Of Industry and most recently under his Spiral Stairs moniker.
Do not miss your chance to see Pavement - one of the world’s most iconic acts live!
Thu 4 March - Enmore Theatre - SYDNEY
Sat 6 March- Golden Plains - VICTORIA
Sun 7 March- Thebarton Theatre - ADELAIDE
Mon 8 March- Metro City - PERTH
Wed 10 March - The Tivoli - BRISBANE
Fri 12 March - The Palace - MELBOURNE

yeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
now i only need mbv to tour here

edit: 6 months before new york gets them too!

Last edited:

johony

HSC
it'll be moved to hordern i bet. not as good as enmore but it'll do.

where did you see mbv? how was the sound?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
it'll be moved to hordern i bet. not as good as enmore but it'll do.

where did you see mbv? how was the sound?
in new york/new jersey at this festival called all points west.

sound was really good and they were fantastic, did not get to see the end though which is apparently why security were handing out ear plugs for safety reasons. They are supposed to play this 15 minute long ambient piece which gets louder and louder until it sounds like a rocket taking off and your body shakes. we heard it all the way from across the field, sounded cool!

CecilyMare

HSC
Omg how awesome. I only just recently heard of Pavement and haven't gotten round to listening to their older albums yet.

I wanna go to the Jamie Oliver live in 2010 too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)