Pedanticism about LCMD (1 Viewer)

rink

HSC
Are examiners pedantic about noting the exact LCMD eg: do i have to say 'Family Law Act 1975 (Cth) or can I just say Family Law Act? I guess what Im trying to ask is, do I have to remember all the dates and stuff of all the legislation/cases? Thanks

hYperTrOphY

HSC
It is unlikley that you would lose marks because you don't put a date, or put an incorrect date. But really, the more accurate your information and the more detail you provide in your answers, the better your chances of giving an impressive impression to the marker. Learning the dates for the legislation isn't difficult - just do it. At the bare minimum, at least learn the most important pieces of legislation and their dates.

=slade=

HSC
at a HSC seminar i went to, the guy who wrote one of the textbooks and is a senior HSC marker (cant remember his name ATM) told us dates etc are irrelevant - focus on learning content of leg / case etc and how it ties in with argument

prolly good to have a vague idea, ie crime act beginning of century, family law act 1970s in case they ask an ordered question eg development of _____ law

but otherwise its not too important

HSC
is that just for legislation? as far as LCMD is concerned, what sorts of things have people gathered?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)