PENS, WHICH IS THE BEST!!! (1 Viewer)

BEST PEN FOR ESSAYS

• Gell Pens

• Ballpoint Pens

• Rollerball Pens

Results are only viewable after voting.

dumNerd

HSC
I know that there is a lot of these, but they're all very old. If you vote please comment which one you use!

quickoats

HSC
In terms of good ones for the HSC, I recommend these https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop...-101-rollerball-pens-black-10-pack-un101m10bk

They're very economical and are comfortable to hold, and a pack (10 for $10) should last you far beyond the HSC. Uniball uses a hybrid gel and regular ink in their Jetstream range so you get a very flowy writing experience without the mess of gel.

My favourite pen is the Pilot Acroball which has a similar hybrid ink experience but it's quite expensive.

In terms of legibility, if your handwriting is ugly then rollerball will just make everything look messy. But if you like the wet feel then go for it.

dumNerd

HSC
In terms of good ones for the HSC, I recommend these https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop...-101-rollerball-pens-black-10-pack-un101m10bk

They're very economical and are comfortable to hold, and a pack (10 for $10) should last you far beyond the HSC. Uniball uses a hybrid gel and regular ink in their Jetstream range so you get a very flowy writing experience without the mess of gel.

My favourite pen is the Pilot Acroball which has a similar hybrid ink experience but it's quite expensive.

In terms of legibility, if your handwriting is ugly then rollerball will just make everything look messy. But if you like the wet feel then go for it.
I just went office works and bought a few pens. I bought the BIC Atlantis and BIC Soft Feel (terrible). The BIC Atlantis is extremely smooth, however I can't control it. I'm comfortable with Muji pens but over long period (like 1 hour) my hand feels dead. Basically I'm just looking for a pen that writes smooth but not too smooth

quickoats

HSC
I just went office works and bought a few pens. I bought the BIC Atlantis and BIC Soft Feel (terrible). The BIC Atlantis is extremely smooth, however I can't control it. I'm comfortable with Muji pens but over long period (like 1 hour) my hand feels dead. Basically I'm just looking for a pen that writes smooth but not too smooth
Jetstream might be the one for you then. It’s smooth but doesn’t have the slippery feel of a gel.

Try it next time you’re in office works, they have singles in their like testing area. If you like it then buy the bulk pack.

dumNerd

HSC
Jetstream might be the one for you then. It’s smooth but doesn’t have the slippery feel of a gel.

Try it next time you’re in office works, they have singles in their like testing area. If you like it then buy the bulk pack.
Do you think I would be suited to a 0.7 or 1 size

quickoats

HSC
Do you think I would be suited to a 0.7 or 1 size
0.7 tends to be a bit scratchier. If your handwriting is tiny then you'll need the smaller size, but for normal people, a 1.0 ballpoint nib is fine

Note that you can't compare gel/ballpoint/roller sizes between each other. The actual width differs e.g. a 1.0 ballpoint would write the same thickness as about a .7ish gel.

dumNerd

HSC
0.7 tends to be a bit scratchier. If your handwriting is tiny then you'll need the smaller size, but for normal people, a 1.0 ballpoint nib is fine

Note that you can't compare gel/ballpoint/roller sizes between each other. The actual width differs e.g. a 1.0 ballpoint would write the same thickness as about a .7ish gel.
A 0.7 muji size feels perfect, based on that what do you reckon my uniball size should be

quickoats

HSC
A 0.7 muji size feels perfect, based on that what do you reckon my uniball size should be
1.0 jetstream definitely - 0.7 would be too thin and might feel scratchy

If you go for the uniball rollerball (uni micro) (I do not recommend this as it is VERY wet and will make your handwriting messier), you will need to go a size down to 0.5.

beetree1

HSC
You can't get 0.7 jetstreams in that pack of 10 for $10 they only have 1.0 so

dumNerd

HSC
1.0 jetstream definitely - 0.7 would be too thin and might feel scratchy

If you go for the uniball rollerball (uni micro) (I do not recommend this as it is VERY wet and will make your handwriting messier), you will need to go a size down to 0.5.
The 0.7 doesn't come in a packet so I'll try them both out. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)