People doing music?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

airplane

HSC
Hi guys, anyone doing music or has done for music as a subject in Yr11/12 please help!! I'm currently doing Music 2 and my teacher has suggested me to buy the program Sibelius which is priced at $360 and is wayyyy too expensive from my perspective. I just want to ask, what programs did you guys use for the composition part? Should i get Sibelius even though its really expensive, like will it be worth it?
Thank guys in advance :jump:

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
MuseScore!

Musescore is my best friend for composing

It's a little iffy on small details, such as trills, and the soundfont isn't the greatest, but it's a very very good composition tool. Been using it since I started composing.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys, anyone doing music or has done for music as a subject in Yr11/12 please help!! I'm currently doing Music 2 and my teacher has suggested me to buy the program Sibelius which is priced at $360 and is wayyyy too expensive from my perspective. I just want to ask, what programs did you guys use for the composition part? Should i get Sibelius even though its really expensive, like will it be worth it?
Maybe have a look for a cheaper student price for music software?

airplane

HSC
I did, and there isn't much of a price difference :( but thanks

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
It depends on what you are composing for. If you are composing weird avant garde-like pieces then idk. But if you are composing classical/jazz/pop/whatever type music, then I highly recommend notion. It's only $20 or so, you can get it as an app for ipad (if you prefer that), the sound quality is better than sibelius, as well as the annoying rhythm proplems that sibelius has. Look it up, it's better than sibelius IMO.

blackbird_14

HSC
I use Sibelius, and well its the one that has the most features. So if your comp is turning out to be really rhythmically complex filled with trills and ornaments and stuff like that which is really hard to notate, then i'd get sibelius. However, it does take a while to get used to the program and how it works, but considering you're in year 11, you've got time :D
Does your school have Sibelius on its computers already?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)