personalities - pericles. (1 Viewer)

apollo

compared to last years questions, i thought this was a pretty tough topic.

admittedly i still did quite well, i knew what to say and had sources for all 3 questions...

but my classmates were a bit sketchy on the question on the peloponnesian war... one found the whole "social position" a bit hard to determine, let alone discuss, and no one liked the assessing his achievements...

what did you think?

yeh i agree
the social position was tricky.....i didnt know what to write so i just mentioned his aristocratic background and his popularity with the people because of the democratic movement. etc. etc.

but i found the pelopennesian wars one okay because that my greek historical period thank god:)

Left-ism

HSC
Originally posted by waltzing amanda
yeh i agree
the social position was tricky.....i didnt know what to write so i just mentioned his aristocratic background and his popularity with the people because of the democratic movement. etc. etc.

but i found the pelopennesian wars one okay because that my greek historical period thank god:)
NA now

Last edited:

sillychikki

HSC
Pericles I thought was excellent! I really expected a question on Peloponnesian War to come up, so I made sure i knew it. Social position was harder, but i related background and information that i knew back to the question, so it really wasnt too bad. Assessing his achievements was easy, you talk about everything. Democratic reforms, building program, military achievements and weigh up the good with the bad. It was way easier than a question which simply asked for military or democratic alone. You could also give nearly any evidence you like, quotes from everywhere.

Overall, a big thumbs up to the Pericles section, wasnt too bad, much easier than i expected.

krissy7685

i knew fuck all about pericles i was more concerned about the rest of the exam.. but i know for a fact i lost 10 marks for the pelopennisian war..... arggh kill me.. it was such a depressing pericles part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)