Phantom of the Opera Lyric Theatre (1 Viewer)

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
It was well done, Singing was a little bit iffy at times. But otherwise a great production.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Any tips for which seats are the best value for money? I'm not sure if it's worth paying $100+ for A Reserve if they're only marginally better than B reserve etc. And which ticket seller are they anyway? I googled Phantom and it seems that there are a number of resellers?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
lala2 said:
Any tips for which seats are the best value for money? I'm not sure if it's worth paying $100+ for A Reserve if they're only marginally better than B reserve etc. And which ticket seller are they anyway? I googled Phantom and it seems that there are a number of resellers?
I went A reserve but wouldnt advise going and spending so much if youre not a fan. One of my friends came just for the sake of coming (they had never seen phantom and dont really like that kind of thing) and almost fell asleep because they couldnt follow it.

But I thought is was really good. B reserve tickets would probably okay, but personally I wouldnt get any worse seat that that just because I dont spend too much money going to things like that and when I do I want it ot be good.

The normal seller is ticketmaster. But the production is ending soon so you better be quick.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
It was amazing!!
We had really good seats and it was just awesome!
:D
You HAVE to see it at least once in your life...it's just a MUST
Orchestra was so talented

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
zdzislaw said:
Orchestra was so talented
Yeah. they were amazing, but I kinda felt sorry for them because they were put under the stage...

My seat was great too. Pretty much under the chandalier (sp?)

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
Loved it, although we didn't have great seats.

The musical spoke for itself.
Thought the set design was awesome, and the Phantom was superb.

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
awesome.

sat in middle of 2nd row

lala2

Banned
HSC
Rightio, I've booked for 23rd August 8pm. How long does Phantom last for? The last bus to the city leaves just after midnight, so hopefully that's enough time?

Vulpix

Banned
HSC
I want to hear Anthony Warlow sing. He's brilliant.

When's the last day again?

Vulpix

Banned
HSC
If I do end up going, I have to settle for a matinée performance.

dolbinau

HSC
Stephen Sondheim>Andrew Lloyd Webber. But I went on the opening performance and it was very good. I wish they'd release a cast album, I really like Anthony Wallow and he makes Jekyll and Hyde bearable.

what a dilemma!

HSC
I fell in love with the whole thing.
Some of Andrew Lloyd Webber's music leaves something to be desired, but still. Totally worth it.
Even though I didn't get to see Anthony Warlow.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Twas great, except that Christine's singing left a little to be desired. Other than that, was very impressed with the staging and the smoothness of it all...especially liked the Phantom's lair and the lights coming up shimmering from the depths of the lake.

rozymisty

HSC
I heard that Rob Guest who has been in this musical, today had a stroke. he was doing Wicked in melbourne and is naturally in hospital

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)