(Physics) Potential experiment questions on advanced mechanics? (1 Viewer)

catha230

HSC
Hello to all 2019-ers, I understand that you are currently doing the HSC right now but I really appreciate if someone could give me an idea on the type of experiment question on advanced mechanics that could be asked in an assessment (my first assessment will be a prac). Is there anyone who had to do a prac for their assessment on advanced mechanics last year? Could you please tell me what the question was? Thank you so much for taking the time reading my post! Good luck to you all!

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
it's usually one of the following:
- Measuring the gravitational acceleration (pendulum experiment or dropping balls and measuring the time taken)
- Projectile motion experiment

A lot of the other ideas can't really be tested in a school experiment

catha230

HSC
it's usually one of the following:
- Measuring the gravitational acceleration (pendulum experiment or dropping balls and measuring the time taken)
- Projectile motion experiment

A lot of the other ideas can't really be tested in a school experiment
Hi, for the pendulum experiment, isn't that the pedulum equation involving T and l is no longer in the new syllabus? If so, is it still possible to be an experiment question of this module? Thank you so much for helping!

Arrowshaft

HSC
Hi, for the pendulum experiment, isn't that the pedulum equation involving T and l is no longer in the new syllabus? If so, is it still possible to be an experiment question of this module? Thank you so much for helping!
It’s likely a skills test involving data processing, so it doesn’t matter if its from the syllabus explicitly. All the details you need to know will be provided, it is just a matter of critical thinking to reason your way through it. This is coming from a 2019 HSC student who had the pendulum prac assessment as the first task, further evidence :). Good luck though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)