Picture Book? (1 Viewer)

IcyRain

HSC
Is it a good or bad idea to use a picture book as a related text for a speech about belonging? [prescribed text is Fahrenheit 451]
Or is better to stick to a film. I don't think anyone in my class would do a picture book.

IcyRain

HSC
So a film or novel is a better option?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
A picture book is extremely hard to analyse in sophisticated ways, unless you have had success analysing a picture book in the past and gotten very good marks for it, I would strongly advise you against choosing a picture book.

QZP

HSC
I've found that using picture books allows you to easily "bs" to support your thesis (since visual techniques are open to a wide of interpretations). Might be good for a second related text, if you are gambling on the HSC to ask only for one.

williamdaft

HSC
Agree with everyone. Would not advise....

Although I used a picture book for the conflicting perspectives module.
It was: The Tin Pot Foreign General and The Old Iron Woman.
I received 17/20 for my Trials so that ain't bad.

But picture books are no as sophisticated as a novel or a film as aforementioned.

studybuddy101

HSC
I actually think using a picture book is great. I used one in year 12 for belonging. Was super easy to read and had some great meaning I could draw. If you have confidence in your abilities and a teacher to check your work then go for it. But you should always have more than 1 text for belonging anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)