Pomo essay panic (1 Viewer)

dan2323

The ideologies of postmodernism manifest themselves in the nature of representation. I talked about how the tendentious nature of the postmodern ideology impacts the way they present texts, stressing structure and the textual games etc, but also quite alot about the concepts, ie commodified commercial culture and competing discourses...hmm that sounds really nerdy....hope my essay came out like that

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Hmmm. I'm not sure if I've done the right thing. I talked about the way postmodern texts challenge traditional representations of gender, time, language, and structure. But I'm not sure if I talked about the NATURE of representation? Actually yeah I think I did. It's so hard to remember what I said.

dan2323

Yeh i know its hard to remember exactly what u wrote...i doubt what i said was as coherent as that last comment, but anyway. Yeah i spoke about gender, time and structure - the way i said it was that it is often the role of the composer to voice critical theory in a creative text, and so the 'textual games' represent the theories of pomo. If u had any close reference to your texts, u wouldve been fine! Chin up haha

M

mick18

I thought it was really important to get the challenges to society's view of homosexuality, which was what the visual stimulus was trying to get at. Got 3 booklets out of it. Looking forward to the results.

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I dont think you could get away with NOT mentioning homosexuality.

When they said the 'nature' of representation, by nature they meant 'natural feelings', which in turn leads onto sexual preferance.

M

mick18

gemita said:
Love to see the marking criteria for that one....

H.14 Mentions homosexuality in context of sustained and coherent response developing highly sophisticated queer theories.
Do I detect homophobia? Or is it the dreaded pomophobia?

M

mick18

gemita said:
I see shit-stirring is your hobby...and no, that's not supposed to be an insult. Just the reason why I am giving up on trying to argue with you.
I'm sure it was fun while it lasted, you were on the line for quite a while before you cut it. Zzzzzzzzz (sound of drag reel)

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
I assume she was cringing at my joke.

She then proceeded to cringe some more (which cant be good for your face, causes wrinkles) due to the 10 character minimum per post.

Lets just hope she wrote more for the actual exam.

M

mick18

HSC-King said:
I assume she was cringing at my joke.

She then proceeded to cringe some more (which cant be good for your face, causes wrinkles) due to the 10 character minimum per post.

Lets just hope she wrote more for the actual exam.
Thank you for explaining, as I am not familiar with this g33kish language

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)