Pop Culture (1 Viewer)

leah1987

HSC
How did everyone go...Silly me wrote about how pop culture has lead to social change ...eg challeneged social perception etc..At the end i re read the question and it was to talk about the criteria of pop cultre...damn..hope my PIP was ok...

poisoned_veins

I totally screwed up that question.... I forgot the 4th criteria of what pop culture is! "Always evolving and changing".... god, so dumb. I didn't like the questions in this exam one bit, and I've been top of the class forever.... -sigh-
My PIP should do pretty well though. Probably not a 30 but close to. I hope we can still find out our marks for the PIP even if we don't get 30... I've heard otherwise. They've got to tell us!!
xxoo
D.

mishka

HSC
N/A
the only mark I got back on my PIP were two lots of staple marks where the markers had obviously indicated what range to give my PIP. It was so frustrating not knowing what it had said :p

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
I'm sure we've had this disscussion before on the society an culture board, but i'm 99% positive we can get our PIP marks back. My teacher told me you could, there is some formula or something realised by the board thatt you can use to figure out your PIP mark. This is what I have been told by my teacher.

leah1987

HSC
POP Culture question

Kute_Princess said:
leah, i wrote about how Pop culture has contributed to social change too... isnt that what the question asked for? im confused...
Well, Kute princess the question was about the criteria of popular culture.
- Constantly changing and evolving
- Associated with commercial products
- Local to national to global
-Widespread access.

The question aske dhow this specific criteria has lead to social change. I had absolutely no idea at all. So i atlked about social change having come about becuase o (in my case) rock and roll and chnaging social perception..Oh well hope my PIP was ok even though it was soo boring...

Nadia-Jane

HSC
leah1987 said:
Well, Kute princess the question was about the criteria of popular culture.
- Constantly changing and evolving
- Associated with commercial products
- Local to national to global
-Widespread access.

The question aske dhow this specific criteria has lead to social change. I had absolutely no idea at all. So i atlked about social change having come about becuase o (in my case) rock and roll and chnaging social perception..Oh well hope my PIP was ok even though it was soo boring...

whaaaaa..? :confused:

the question was - 'Assess how the distinguishing characteristics of popular culture contribute to social change'

I did the simpsons as a case study, and made the distingusing features:
- nature of the program
- the characters of the program and the story lines
- the social issues it addresses
- the medium which it is distributed into society..

and then discussed how all those 'distingushing features' of my particular 'popular culture' contribute to social change.. which was things like social percepions and stereotypes.. and what not like homosexuality, interracial characters, etc.

is this wrong? where did you get your criteria stuff from?

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
There are four main characteristics of Pop Culture (according to the syllabus):

-Spread from a local to a national to a global level
-Is commercial
-Allows widespread access
-Is constantly changing and evolving

As far as the question goes I saw it and quickly skipped to part b) which IMO was the easiest of the two lol. Because yeah, what characteristics are we talking about? It's a very grey area. Dw, I'm sure you did fine.

(b) Explain the influence of business, marketing and/or advertising on the development of ONE popular culture was a little more straightforward. My popular culture case study was Horror Movies, so I was able to integrate movie posters/commercials/merchandise (DVD's, CD's, all that jazz)/plus all the facets of business that contribute to the distibution of these things. Twas ok, me thinks. It basically all came from my own knowledge as I bsed my way through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)