Pop-ups on BORED (1 Viewer)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hey,

i;ve been noticing the past few days, there have been excessive pop-ups when i get on to bos. is there a reason for this? has bored affiliated with these pop-up owners? idno why it happens only on bos, but there are like 5 pop-ups at once and its hard to get rid of. even firefox isn't able to block it out properly...
?!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
hey,

i;ve been noticing the past few days, there have been excessive pop-ups when i get on to bos. is there a reason for this? has bored affiliated with these pop-up owners? idno why it happens only on bos, but there are like 5 pop-ups at once and its hard to get rid of. even firefox isn't able to block it out properly...
?!
There shouldn't be any pop-ups at all.

I think there is ad-ware on your computer. I suggest you do a scan with http://www.lavasoft.com/ .

or something similar.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well I have NEVER had any popups etc from BOS on a number of different computers I have been on. I have to say your computer might be infected with adware, spyware, virus etc if you haven't done so already I suggest running those scanning also deleting internet history and cookies should help.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
There shouldn't ever be any pop-ups on this website.

Make sure you're accessing it via the boredofstudies.org address and not the old boredofstudies.cjb.net URL.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeah, i was wondering about that too, thanks laz :cool:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
rnitya_25, like I said before I think your computer maybe infected. Have you run the adware\spyware\virus scanners as of yet?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeap, its stopped. thanks for that, there was all this crap there and now its all gone. thanks riviet :D

laz, bring back rep points!!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
thanks riviet :D
Hmmm I am Kid.@dmin although with my considerable intelligence I can see why you mistaken me. Unless of course Riviet helped through PM :O.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
oops, sorry kid.@dmin, honest mistake. i think i was looking at a post by riviet just before i replied here, so i didn't realise the mistake i made. sorry amte. anyhow, thanks for your help kid.@dmin :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)