Possible/Past Questions on the AOS (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Another sticky please mods? :eek:
Links in well with the possible/past HSC (and trial) questions for Modules A, B and C; English (Advanced) forum :)

Area of Study: Change
Focus Changing Perspective

Question 3 (HSC 2002)
(b) Focus Changing Perspective
Write a feature article for a special edition of a magazine. The magazine is called Different Perspectives. Your feature article should examine how composers use text to explore concepts of Changing Perspective.

In your answer, you should refer to the ideas and techniques of your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet Changing, and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing.

Question 3 (Catholic Trial 2001)
The journey is more important than the arrival.
How do the texts you have studied present the processes and results of change? In your answer you should refer to your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet Changing, and other related texts of your own choosing.

Question 3 (HSC 2001)
As stones thrown into ponds make ripples
all changes have CONSEQUENCES

(Quote accompanied by visual image of a circular ripple in water)

How has your understanding of the consequences of change been shaped by the techniques used by various composers? In your answer, you should refer to your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet Changing, and other related texts of your own choosing.

* Poetry Peter Skrzynecki, Immigrant Chronicle
- Feliks Skrzynecki
- 10 Mary Street
- Migrant Hostel
- Post Card
- Kornelia Woloszczuk
- Crossing the Red Sea
- Chronic Ward

Question 3 (Catholic Trial 2001)
Change comes in many forms and has a range of effects on those who experience it and respond to it. How have the texts you have studied developed your understanding of the nature of change and its effects?

Question 3 (Independent Trial 2001)
- What have you come to understand about the contemporary view of change from the way it is portrayed in the texts you have encountered in your Area of Study?
- What have you come to understand about the attitudes to change from the way it is portrayed in the texts you have entered in your Area of Study?
- What have you come to understand about individual responses to change from the way it is portrayed in the texts you have encountered in your Area of Study?

Note:
For this question, you may be given a general question about change, which you will need to link to your focus study (Changing Perspective, Changing Worlds or Changing Self), OR you may be given a specific question on your focus study. This question will require an extended response (does not mean an esay).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm tired of typing :rolleyes: ;)

TastesGoodBut

I did my trial yesterday... but i cant remember the question.. it was sumthing like

Creative Writing: To "Change" and to "change for the better" are two different things. Use this line in a text type of choice (other than poetry)

Response question: Change rouses us from indifference. Discuss this statement with reference to your prescribed text, at least ONE text from the stimulus booklet Changing and various texts of your choosing

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
our half yearly was:
"If it was upto most people they would stay the same-but time wont let them". Discuss how various composers have explored circumstances that influence individuals or society to change"

craz

HSC
OK the one we use a lot is What have you learnt about changing self this year? Make reference to the text. We have done others like CSSA 2003 was an essay question that wasn't hard - mental block on the name of it lol.

HannieStar

I think that is a great question- depends on your texts though.
I think whether a question is good or not is dependent on the varied texts and what people are exploring-like slef worlds etc

Jarm

Here is one.

"Things do not change we do"
How have the composers you have studied explored his view?
In your answer you should refer to your prescribed text, ONE text from the stimulus booklet "Changing" and other related texts of your own choosing.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jezzmo
*ouch. that's a really difficult question!
na, if u think about its just another "change is inevitable" question in disguise. :)

a hard one i thought was:

"the more things change, the more they are the same"
How have the composers you have studied explored his view?

Ash03

My trial was:

Imagine you have been asked to speak to a group of school students about how people react to the process of change. The following is the beginning of your speech.

"Change can be accompanied by a variety of emotions..."

littlel

can anybody please give me ideas for this essay?... HOW HAS YOUR MEANING OF PHYSICAL JOURNEY BEEN SHAPED BY THE THE TECHNIQUES USED BY VARIOUS COMPOSERS? -you must refer to your prescribed text (imigrant chronicles) BOS booklet (i'm doin' wind in the willows) and texts of your choosing.
PLEASE HELP ME!!

HSC
I was wondering if we BOSers could maybe swap possible exam questions/past assessments questions....I'm just doing my study for AOS now, and I realise I have no exam questions to guide me!!! :( Anyway, here are my two assessment questions for AOS from my school (and we're doing imag journeys, but you can probably just change the imag for physical or something)
I don't have the exact questions but the main ideas of the questions are:

-An entertaining and informative feature article about the general concept of the imaginative journey, with the quote “It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.”
- Write a TV script for an informative entertaining Sunday ABC show (an artsy one) that deals with the concept of the imaginative journey. You must use 2 of Coleridge's poems, BOS text, and a text of your own choice.

ANyone with any other questions?

Lainee

HSC
How do the texts you have studied this year represented the idea that when a journey is begun its consequences are uncertain?

That was one question we had to answer for a prepared discussion between yourself and a partner in 8 minutes. From Sydney Girls HS.

undo

HSC
From my trial:

Question 2:

Write a letter to a friend in which you talk about how a journey into memory is triggered for you.

This journey may be triggered by any stimulus

Do not sign your own name at the end of the letter :rofl:

Question 3:

Discuss how effective the composers of the text you have studied in the Area of Study have been in representing (physical/inner/imaginative) journeys that have challenged our thinking and broadened our understanding of our own world.

In your response you should support your ideas by referring to your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet, Journeys, and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing.

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
Question 3:

"The journey's destination is not as important as what we discover along the way"

Write a feature article exploring the ways in which journeys confront us with experiences which challenge us.

In your repsonse, you must refer to your core text, one text from the stimulus booklet and at least one text of your own choosing.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
CSSA 2004:
"The journey leads to greater understanding." Discuss how this greater understanding is represented by composers in different ways. refer to prescribed text, one BOS text and additional texts of ur own choosing

Sset561986

:confused: can the examiners set different questions for each of the AOS texts? eg if you studied Huck Finn answer.... or is that highly unlikely? Not that it really matters i just had the thought

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
how crap is it that we are the 1st journey! lack of past qs sucks ass! they all seem to be that jouney is better than destination shit. l bloody hope so, cos there are no other qs around to guide us.

i tried to do that broadens understanding and challenges thinking one last night and had no clue! anyone have any ideas?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
umm...looking at the syllabus closely in a lecture given by a teacher who i believe is going to mark the AOS paper (one of the sections), the question will most prolly be challenge/broaden understanding...

Last edited:

malkin86

HSC
How is the concept of TJ shown and developed in your texts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)