post hsc. (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
so, with the hsc drawing to a close for so many of us, what are your plans for earning money in the holidays between now and uni? (or just after hsc if you have a long term plan or aren't going to go to uni)

for me, i'm going to try and get a part time job in retail, the only problem is that i've left it too late - didn't give much thought to it before hsc and now the only ones available are christmas casuals and i want something a little more permanent so i'm stressing :p.

anyway, said potential part time job is intended to supplement the business my best friend and i have set up - making kids clothes, mainly girls, ie, pjs, detailed singlets, headbands, tutus, and christmasy stuff for christmastime. :).

so yeah, apart from the concern of the lack of a proper job, i'm pretty excited about the prospects of post-hsc money making.

what about everyone else? what are you doing to earn money now that we're all independent and never have to go to school ever ever again!? :D.

HSC
Remember that christmas casual jobs often turn into permanent roles if you're good enough, so still apply for those.
But I would just apply for everything that comes up thats appropriate. Any experience is better than no experience. Its just unfortunate that the job market gets flooded with school leavers at this time of the year.

parawhoree

HSC
so, with the hsc drawing to a close for so many of us, what are your plans for earning money in the holidays between now and uni? (or just after hsc if you have a long term plan or aren't going to go to uni)

for me, i'm going to try and get a part time job in retail, the only problem is that i've left it too late - didn't give much thought to it before hsc and now the only ones available are christmas casuals and i want something a little more permanent so i'm stressing :p.

anyway, said potential part time job is intended to supplement the business my best friend and i have set up - making kids clothes, mainly girls, ie, pjs, detailed singlets, headbands, tutus, and christmasy stuff for christmastime. :).

so yeah, apart from the concern of the lack of a proper job, i'm pretty excited about the prospects of post-hsc money making.

what about everyone else? what are you doing to earn money now that we're all independent and never have to go to school ever ever again!? :D.
post designs up. i need to buy my baby cousin some clothes for our mass family holiday!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
got a tutoring job in some tutoring college...but if i get into borders or something, i will do that instead of teaching 10-15 year 5-6 kids!

private tutoring also sounds attractive

johony

HSC
i found some call centre job for sony in ultimo - $18 p/h, incoming calls only, probably just a help desk type thing. i'd prefer retail, but most of the christmas places have already gone - some big stores like target/big w are still taking applications i think, although i'd prefer to avoid them now.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i remember applying for everything and recieving replies from no one.

then i decided to work at the local petrol station (thank you come again, etc).
made a bit over $1000 ($8.50 per hour since i wasnt 18 yet, cheap ass owner), planning to buy myself a desktop computer, then dad said he'll buy me a laptop for uni, so i ended up having $1000 with nothing to spend it on.

lychnobity

HSC
Private tutoring some people

Doing some sort of odd job for a family friend

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Got a job as a office/warehouse assistant.

About 170 people applied. 5 people were interviewed. And I only got it because apparently there were too many little Asian girls and they wanted some diversity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)