Post up ur major wood projects (1 Viewer)

stew_g17

HSC
yep all of its mine even down to the finish. the only help i got was from the teachers n i still finished in the holidays b4 it was due

SweetSeasons

HSC
well... top stuff then. What kind of joints did you use, other then the obvious mitre joints on the table top? Is the center piece on a ball bearing, like how does it spin? Have you got a photo of underneath the table?

Excuse me for my curiosity, I just think it looks pretty swell.

stew_g17

HSC
lol thanks. the main joints i used were mortice and tenon joints they were on all the chairs and the base of the tables. the table top i used a rebate on the inside edge of the border that slotted the centre pieces in.
with the spinning top there is a piece that i got for free of an outdoor furniture salesman which essentially runs on ball bearings. here are some more fotos

stew_g17

HSC
the rest of the pics it says the filetype is to big, so sorri cant post them

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Its Over!

Well thank god that its over!!...mine's getting marked on friday....so i need to finish sewing the material to cover my Viking tent...luckily thats not considered construction!

I wish i had photos to show yous, but its on my school account - stupid macs!

Though i have been pretty down about my bad folio & i think, not a very good 3-piece major project.....my trial exam, just i found a tad hard cos i didnt study...but i came third (out of 6) of my class (of males!)...i got 75%...the best out of all my exams!

So i'm happy about that :)

7th Sign

HSC
stalk_if_u_dare said:
Well thank god that its over!!...mine's getting marked on friday....so i need to finish sewing the material to cover my Viking tent...luckily thats not considered construction!

I wish i had photos to show yous, but its on my school account - stupid macs!

Though i have been pretty down about my bad folio & i think, not a very good 3-piece major project.....my trial exam, just i found a tad hard cos i didnt study...but i came third (out of 6) of my class (of males!)...i got 75%...the best out of all my exams!

So i'm happy about that :)

post up some pics of the tent and what you did...

andwz

HSC
evn though wood has finished im still making another project lol
side table

d_griffo

HSC
So did anyone get there projects into INTECH 2006 display

Mine cost me $650 total, i had about 45 pages for the folio and top in my class for the theory side.

My mate in my class got his job, which is a fold up side table, was select in the INTECH 2006 display. And the other day he was movin so furniture and accidently scatch the top, oww.

nice job stew_g17 love it, would of been a bitch to store it though, and cart around.

when did everyone start there job. i started in term 1 and didnt work over the holidays how did everyone finish it in that time.

lfg_69er

HSC
yeah i got nominated for intech but im having trouble loading up images

i hope that works im surprised i got nominated and didnt even finish

XhaLe

HSC
Hey,
I've made a 'blanket box' that sits at the foot of a bed. I was going to put lights around the base of it for marking, but ran out of time. After I got it back i put in the lights and now it sits in my room and looks awesome.

Here are links to some pictures:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3461/tomjob2no2.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5396/tomjobcutgk9.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3362/tomjobcut2fo0.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2125/tomjobcut3qw0.jpg

What do you think?

SweetSeasons

HSC
I made this dressing table in 2004 I got a band 6. There are two cabriole/spoon legs and two normal ones all with matching beading at the top, two draws and a pretty bodgy vanity mirror.

Josho7

HSC
Heres my wood project that i made a Stockman Chest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)