• not good

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • help, i screwed up :(

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

leeraff

HSC
How did everyone find it?

Personally i thought it was very EASY!!! :)

hope everyone else found it ok

post your thoughts

Fiona

I found it really really difficult.

Horrible, in fact.

Dear lord. I hope it scales like there's no tomorrow! :D

Lundy

Banned
HSC
It was ok. I've never been good with algorithms and not surprisingly I probably screwed up those parts. I can think of at least 15 marks I lost, but overall I'm quite pleased

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It was better than I could have hoped for.

Didn't do that well still but im probably looking at 65-75 raw.

chris42

HSC
It was quite good. I didn't like the evolution of programming algorithm we had to do and the hexadecimal question but besides that overall quite good.

B.A.M

Western Sydney - but I'm a north shore girl at hea
I think is was pretty good too. My teacher said that hexadecimal is not in the syllabus therefore it shouldn't have been in there.

The coding for languages options was weird but the other algorithms were ok considering what they could ask - there were no sorts or anything tircky like a binary search, so in that respect it was alright.

I also thought that the some of the multiple shoice was not quite clear enough as the questions needed to specify more.

Hope evryone went ok and that it wasn't too bad for all those people with those dreadful teacher stories!!!

ONLY 1 DAY LEFT!!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It's part of the year 11 course.

They are sneaky

I didn't know my hexidecimal.

chris42

HSC
yeah.. it was in the year 11 syllabus, but they shouldn't have been testing the previous years syllabus.

Fiona

Indeed they shouldn't have.

I ended up writing out all of the numbers until I got to 30hex or whatever... Sheesh... It took some brain power, writing those numbers... because I'd forgotten how to do the conversion!

I thought it was year 9-10 computing studies stuff... hmm...

JRasnier

but most of the textbooks i have, have converting binary number to hexadecimal...so yeaha...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I think that was unfairly advantageous to the developer's view option people, since it was fresher in our minds and all

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by JRasnier
but most of the textbooks i have, have converting binary number to hexadecimal...so yeaha...
in the sam davis book, the only place hex is mentioned is in software developers view of hardware option...and it's not in any other part of the excel book...and they really shouldn't have been testing prelim stuff...so hence that question was REALLY BAD!

and i'm done complaining now:)

jizmiester

I loved the test, i thought it was all great except for the hexadecimal part cos i hadn't gone over any of it! but if you think about it that test was A lot easier then past papers. A lot more structured!

squ34ki

heavenian woohzaa!
HSC
i came out feeling great, then i thought about all those hexadec numbers, i did it in year 9, but our teacher really hadn't covered it at all since then...

the algorithms were ok, there wasn't andy sort so that was good, plus
the qu 24 second last part aobut reasons for functional paradign, that was nearly the same as last years!!

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
alot harder than last year, especially if you did the evolution option. Im really suprised to see people actually saying the test was easy...

meh ohh well no more damn software!!!

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by chris42
yeah.. it was in the year 11 syllabus, but they shouldn't have been testing the previous years syllabus.
Well they can. And obviously they just did.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I was really stuck on the hexadecimal question, and not because I don't know how to do it (I do the second option) but because I couldn't understand how people doing option 1 would handle it.

I couldn't remember learning it in Year 11, so I sat there for about 10 minutes trying to figure out another way of answering it. After calculating the decimal, I was almost certain I'd done it wrong. Hopefully not!

xGSiR

The exam was full on scenarios, damnit man, nothing like how my trials was kinda set out. I found this paper quite difficult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)