Postmodernism (1 Viewer)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
it was great for pomo. essay question was very broad which was good. creative was a good bit of fun. I wonder how many pomo students made themselves become the man in the picture...

a8o

HSC
I wrote a retreat to the global creative, with a twist of postmodernism.

Phantasmagoria

hates capsicum
HSC
I agree, that exam was great! I think us Pomo-ers were treated the best. Especially the picture with the man ... since my story is about a writer who is visited by his disgruntled characters! I'd always found this subject irksome, but now, because of the exam, I have developed a newfound passion for it. ;)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
My prepreapared creative writing was metafictive, and just happened to be a multiple perspective story about an author and his thoughts and writing. i cant believe how well it fitter with the picture!

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
thought it was easy peasy... well as easy as pomo gets anyway.
they could have been a lot nastier like past years.
haha i love the stupid little writer man in the pic, i wrote him off in my story, said he was rotting in his own authorial filth.

hooray, we can now say "NO MORE ENGLISH!!!"

littlebinzy

I thought that for an English Extension Postmodern exam, you couldn't have asked for a better, open question.

I reckon at least half of the PM students will have incorporated the man as an author in their story...

HSC
Yeh, I was pretty stoked too about our paper; much better essay question than that retarded mirror they had last year, and I think most people were happy about the breadth that the creative stimulus allowed for.
I felt sorry for our revenge tragedy people; their creative stimulus looked crap; is it my imagination or this that Tild Swinton(Orlando) in their stimulus?

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
I think it was fine. The essay question was too long and wanky. I didn't understand the bit where it said "I can use complexity or simplicity". Wtf does that mean? Anyway, it was fine I managed to churn out 2 booklets of crap like they wanted and now... IT'S OVER!!! :D
I liked the creative writing picture for pomo, it was very cute. And to the person above me, yeah, I think it was Tilda Swinton but I thought that was crime fiction not revenge trag...
anyway..cya...

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
miaomiao said:
I think it was fine. The essay question was too long and wanky. I didn't understand the bit where it said "I can use complexity or simplicity". Wtf does that mean? Anyway, it was fine I managed to churn out 2 booklets of crap like they wanted and now... IT'S OVER!!! :D
I liked the creative writing picture for pomo, it was very cute. And to the person above me, yeah, I think it was Tilda Swinton but I thought that was crime fiction not revenge trag...
anyway..cya...
Complexity or simplicity, you know, it can be complex... or simple...

I thought the quesitons were pretty straightforward. At least they didn't ask for any obscure set text character/author creatives. That would have really badly screwed me over... up the ass... sideways...

Edit: Tilda Swinton-esque pic was for all Genre

Last edited:

suhini

HSC
oh that essay question....it was like a starved person receiveing food. i loved it. could u get any easier????

the creative wrinitng was cool. took me a good 10 mins to figure out exactly wat i was going to write tho.

now only ancient and chem to go.

Mandy101

HSC
Am I the only one who didn't like the creative stimulus?! For the first time in my entire life, I had a mental block when I wanted to start writing. After a few minutes I was fine, but yeah it threw me a bit..

I loved the essay question though! It was tops..

uh_huh2

HSC
e1

oh my gosh, that was like my best exam.
We were so lucky they didn't get too nasty!

Its relax, relax, relax from now on

No More HSC!!! hehehehe

IM FINISHED!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)