powerpoint -> PDF (1 Viewer)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Not sure how to do this, but there must be a way!

All my lecture notes are as a ppt slide show, and for certain subjects thats how they open up... then i print them as handouts, which is a pain in the ass cos i want 3 per page and also double sided -- so i have to put all the slide numbers i want..

Anyway, some of the lecturers put the notes up in PDF. They are exactly what i print out via powerpoint (ie the handouts).

So, what im wondering is how can i save the 'handout' view to a PDF and print from there... or something.

Thanks =)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If you have Adobe Acrobat installed, you should have the Adobe PDF Printer driver installed (forgot the name)- basically it just acts as if it was a printer but instead of printing anything out, it saves it.

You go into PPT and print it using handout mode and voila!

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Hmm, thanks... that makes sense.. but when i open up ppt and go file -> print.. i only have the normal print screen come up. Im not sure if i have the full version... there doesnt seem to be a disk floating around anywhere.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I use "CutePDF".

Once you install it, it also acts as a "printer". When you go to print, you should have your normal printer selected in a drop-down menu. Go through the selections to find the CutePDF printer.

Give that a go. If it doesn't work, post up a screenshot of the window that comes up after your press print.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just to confirm- take the screenshot of your printers listed. If there's no Adobe PDF, I'm guessing you don't have the program on there to make printouts into PDF.

If it helps and you're really stuck, and this is a one-off, I'll do it for you. Just email me the file and incl. how you want it laid out/printed (eg. how many slides per page, which order, etc...)- or just take a screenshot of your print settings.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
No probs. Well if you need it right this wk and haven't got time to find a program which works- I might be able to help you this once =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)