Predict My Internal Marks for Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Shadowless

HSC
School Rank: 51

Mathematics Extension 1 Rank: 13/68

Mathematics Extension 2 Rank: 7/21

Yeah, I know I screwed up for rankings. Anyways, what internal mark do you think I will get? I think I'm looking at around 94-95 external mark for MX1, and 93-96 external mark for MX2 [Checked with Terry Lee and Carrotsticks solutions.].

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
I looked up your school rank and apparently last year your school got 21 B6's in MX1 and 8 in MX2 so I would probs predict an internal of around 91 for MX2 and 93/94 for MX1. Just two questions though:

1. Why are your MX2 marks/ranks higher than your MX1 ranks
2. Is it just your rank that is a massive outlier in your cohort or is your cohort this year absolutely gun? Because tbh, I would defs not expect someone ranked 7th in a 50's school to be getting a 95-96 exam mark for MX2

Shadowless

HSC
Uhh... It's cos I screwed up my 3rd assessment (weighed 20% or 25% can't remember) for MX1 with a score of 82% -_- as well as the trials (weighed 40%) with a score of 86% [I did a question that was worth 5% that wasn't counted because we haven't learnt it yet and as a result skipped the one we were meant to do instead T_T). Furthermore I am somewhat prone to silly mistakes, hence I find MX2 more easier as it has more 'show', rather than 'evaluate' and 'find' questions if you get what I mean, plus I enjoy doing MX2 so that might play a part? As for the raw marks I believe I will achieve...

MX1: 61 to 62 out of 70 --> Someone (on this forum) said that'd roughly align to roughly 94-95.
MX2: 70 to 72 out of 100 --> Someone (on this forum) said that'd roughly align to 93-96. [Just realised I put 95-96 my bad.]

I'm not exactly sure if my cohort is 'absolutely gun' this year, although we do have a few talented math students as our top 4U student said he's pretty sure he got 80+ raw for the test [also marked with Terry Lee solutions]. Plus I mentioned I screwed up my ranks so yea.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say 92 for your internal in MX1 and 90 in MX2.

For MX1, I was in a similarly sized cohort - most people around 15th got 92.

Shadowless

HSC
I'd say 92 for your internal in MX1 and 90 in MX2.

For MX1, I was in a similarly sized cohort - most people around 15th got 92.
A) What rank was your school might I ask?
B) It says you're doing your HSC this year, so how exactly did you obtain your internal marks? Are you accelerated?
C) What exactly does the bold/italic/underlined part have to do with anything? I thought the internal marks were moderated and contingent upon the external total score, wherein the overall % differences between each of us would be taken into account? If it changes anything, my the overall % difference between me and first is 10% for MX1 and the overall % difference between me and first is 13% for MX2.

Last edited:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
A) What rank was your school might I ask?
B) It says you're doing your HSC this year, so how exactly did you obtain your internal marks? Are you accelerated?
C) What exactly does the bold/italic/underlined part have to do with anything? I thought the internal marks were moderated and contingent upon the external total score, wherein the overall % differences between each of us would be taken into account? If it changes anything, my the overall % difference between me and first is 10% for MX1 and the overall % difference between me and first is 13% for MX2.
A. Last year's rank was 41. In Maths, DA% was 38.42%
B. I was accelerated.
C. It has everything to do with it. You're asking for your estimated internal mark and that's what I gave you - I used my own school with was relatively similar for comparison. Yes, your internal marks are moderated but I based some things on your school's record. Also, trust me, those gaps were also similar at my school.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
A. Last year's rank was 41. In Maths, DA% was 38.42%
B. I was accelerated.
C. It has everything to do with it. You're asking for your estimated internal mark and that's what I gave you - I used my own school with was relatively similar for comparison. Yes, your internal marks are moderated but I based some things on your school's record. Also, trust me, those gaps were also similar at my school.
+1

nucgaek

HSC
I'm gonna guess around 93 for Ext 1, and 91 for Ext 2, although it all depends on your cohort.

However, I was wondering how you predicted those externals? They seem a bit high from what I remember your marks as...

imbored2

HSC
I'm gonna guess around 93 for Ext 1, and 91 for Ext 2, although it all depends on your cohort.

However, I was wondering how you predicted those externals? They seem a bit high from what I remember your marks as...
Yep, that sounds about right....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)