predict ur mark! (1 Viewer)

K-Lo

i reckon about 40ish but i dunno, its kinda hard to tell
Originally posted by FadeToBlack
Does ext 1 get "aligned up"? more so than other subjects?
i think ext 1 is scaled pretty well...

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by K-Lo

i think ext 1 is scaled pretty well...
yeah, its scaled well for the UAI by UAC, but i'm talking about the BOS "aligning" that the raw mark goes through to become your HSC exam mark

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Yes, it's the same with Advanced english.

The marks are aligned according to the general candidature performance in the electives. For example, Individual and Soc might have generally very high marks, so they may not get aligned as much as say Retreat from the Global candidates (who had to contend with a harder elective)

So it doesn't matter what raw mark you think you'll end up getting in the exam. A mark of 15/25 could be worth a 20/25 - it's up to the BOS judges.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Bleeeeeeah. That's all too complicated for me. I just sit the exam, and hope for the best.

(edit)... I'm so going to fail aren't I? :D

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think I will get a similar mark to what I got in my trial, about 43, maybe a little bit higher *crosses fingers*

badlysketched

mmm i'm thinking maybe 35-40/50... i misinterpreted the creative and the essay had lots of info but bad structure and i'm not sure about depth (i didn't get to read over... it was long though!... for me...) i'll be disappointed below 35... my trial mark was 36 and i came third... the top in my class was 40... i dunno if we are a dumb school or if we have a hard marker... possibly a bit of both... my school ain't so bright... but a small percentage of us try real hard!... i'm not in that category though... :(

Neon-Frog

Im hoping for 45 + ... i got 46 for my trial, so i'd be pretty happy with the same for the exam mark. I'm a bit iffy on the creative writing tho :S

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
I got 47/50 for the trial but i reckon i did worse hear. You neva know how things are gonna be marked or interpreted so who really has a clue what the hell there gonna get.

Hollie

I honestly have no idea....id like 45+ but i cant even remember what i wrote!! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)