Prediction of UAI (1 Viewer)

ryan1890

HSC
Hey I was just wondering if someone can help give me a rough idea of what my UAI 'should' be?

Teachers couldn't give me actual assessment marks they were sending into the board of studies, but they did give me estimates for scholarship purposes etc.

Standard English - school assessment mark 80% (final rank 2nd)
General Maths - school assessment mark 60% (final rank 12th)
Legal Studies - school assessment mark 80% (final rank 1st)
CAFS - school assessment mark 85% (final rank 1st)

Here's the mark I expect to get in the HSC exams
English - +70%
Maths - +55%
Legal Studies - +65%
CAFS - +70%
Business Services VET - +65%

I have always done worse in exams than assessments, just a personal thing I guess. I am hoping for a UAI of 60, can someone tell me if it looks look I will get it or not? And what UAI do you think I will get?

SAM keeps telling me I'll get UAI's of 30's and 40's. That's not possible is it with those marks and ranks?

HSC
unfortunately if you go worse in your final exam than in your assessments and you got first, they might lower your school marks.

you might get in a bit of trouble in terms of uai, if you get what you say you will get in your final exam cos your internal mark will be moderated down, and overall mark will go down, plus your subjects don't scale well so its not going to do you too good. try to at least match your school performance and you can get 60+ for sure.

ryan1890

HSC
So I'm stuffed basically if I don't match or better those assessment marks in the HSC exams?

HSC
if you match it you should be safe. if you go worse you still might be safe but its not so clear cut. just do your best and hopefully everything will take care of itself, that's all you can do.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
unfortunately if you go worse in your final exam than in your assessments and you got first, they might lower your school marks.
what?! are you serious?!! wtf.

or is that only if you do *drastically* worse?

HSC
-pari- said:
what?! are you serious?!! wtf.

or is that only if you do *drastically* worse?
Wait. That is on the assumption that your school on a whole goes worse.

See if your school on a whole does worse than expected, then BoS can only assume that your school sat easy tests so your moderated assessment mark will be lower than the mark your school sends to them (since they have external marks to gauge the performance of your school to the rest of the state).

However if you don't go too great and everyone else does well, your ranking can save you to a degree. But still you want to go well in the external exams they contribute to 50% of your final mark.

Sorry about that, hope that clears things up a little. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)