Predictions for exam 6-7 mark questions (1 Viewer)

ellie95

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

do you think there will be a 6-7 marker question this year in the chem paper and if so, what do you think it will be about?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think there will be a molar heat of combustion calculation AND the big marker will be CM&M, water treatment.

barbernator

HSC
I think there will be a molar heat of combustion calculation AND the big marker will be CM&M, water treatment.
the only thing im not sure about is their flexibility with this type of question, because it has been done before and what variant on the question can they ask?

I know this is never going to happen but I would love to see them ask an identification of cations in solution question lol.

ellie95

HSC
N/A
the only thing im not sure about is their flexibility with this type of question, because it has been done before and what variant on the question can they ask?

I know this is never going to happen but I would love to see them ask an identification of cations in solution question lol.
I hope not. What's CM&M stand for?

nightweaver066

HSC

I don't think they've ever asked a question on Warragamba Dam.

barbernator

HSC
shit lol I must revise up on the catchment area stuff, that would be the worst.

There could be a titration explanation too...

or they could do the Ostwald process thing they did last year with the new stimulus.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It cannot be specifically Warragamba Dam because it's about YOUR local water treatment facilities, not necessarily Warragamba Dam however it's probably expected that most people will say Warragamba Dam...

They could ask for the process used in water treatment or to assess the environmental impact of a named ion or pollutants of the lower atmosphere...

barbernator

HSC
would they be able to ask about the destruction of the ozone layer specifically over the Antarctic in spring? because I haven't seen that asked before.

nightweaver066

HSC
It cannot be specifically Warragamba Dam because it's about YOUR local water treatment facilities, not necessarily Warragamba Dam however it's probably expected that most people will say Warragamba Dam...

They could ask for the process used in water treatment or to assess the environmental impact of a named ion or pollutants of the lower atmosphere...
lol yeah sorry, got used to the fact that everyone in my region/school/area studies Warragamba dam (unless there are others? idk)

They could ask for specifics about your local water catchment area
gather, process and present
information on the features of
the local town water supply in
terms of:
- catchment area

shravan_872

HSC
Uni Grad
what about the chemist we have to learn about for monitoring and management?

nightweaver066

HSC
would they be able to ask about the destruction of the ozone layer specifically over the Antarctic in spring? because I haven't seen that asked before.
I don't think they would go that specific. Tbh I don't remember much of that as the main point to take away from that is just that ozone depletion is faster during spring (useful to talk about in trends of changing [ozone])

deswa1

HSC
I can't imagine a 6 marker on your chemist- there isn't enough to talk about. Iirc there was a 3 marker on it last year (or maybe year before) so I doubt they'd retest it. Personally, I'd love a Haber question but that might be too easy for those devious minds at BOS.

nightweaver066

HSC
If we do have to talk about our chemist, do we have to give their name?
Yeah, otherwise who'd be the chemist that you're talking about? lol

If it's something long or you don't remember it, you could make up the name (they can't go cross referencing names and they wouldn't bother)

As long as you talk about the chemical principles and what they do properly, it'll be fine.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Production of Materials: named biopolymer question, success of ethanol, radioisotope is industry/medicine
The Acidic Environment: acidic oxides (probably unlikely), safety of acid/base spills, esterification (process)
Chemical Monitoring and Management: catchment facilities, water treatment process, effect of the Haber process of society

ellie95

HSC
N/A
I can't imagine a 6 marker on your chemist- there isn't enough to talk about. Iirc there was a 3 marker on it last year (or maybe year before) so I doubt they'd retest it. Personally, I'd love a Haber question but that might be too easy for those devious minds at BOS.
+1

ellie95

HSC
N/A
Yeah, otherwise who'd be the chemist that you're talking about? lol

If it's something long or you don't remember it, you could make up the name (they can't go cross referencing names and they wouldn't bother)

As long as you talk about the chemical principles and what they do properly, it'll be fine.
Ok thanks heaps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)