Preliminary Physics (1 Viewer)

cienna

HSC
Hi, i have an assignment in Physics and needed some help. I need an experiment set with aim, method, apparatus and results which SHOWS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FORCE, MASS AND ACCELERATION. Thanks

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Hi, i have an assignment in Physics and needed some help. I need an experiment set with aim, method, apparatus and results which SHOWS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FORCE, MASS AND ACCELERATION. Thanks
One example experiment involves using a ticker-tape timer and weights to pull a trolley; it is detailed here: http://www.caresa.com.au/movingabout.htm

(Search that page for ''ticker tape'' to find where on the page that experiment is described.)

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You could also do this with a trolley attached to a mass that is hanging off an edge. Then you let go of the mass and it falls to the ground, dragging the trolley with it. Maybe at the edge of the table you could have a barrier.

On a slight tangent, which may be helpful information to others, however I don't think you should put this in your assignment: You could attach some sort of crumpling block (like foam or a sponge) on the barrier so that the trolley hits it and investigate the effects of increasing/decreasing impulse applied on crumple zones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)