Prestige: important factor, or most important factor? (1 Viewer)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Male:Female ratio in course is probably the most important.

HSC
IMO most important factor.

If one was doing a B Cocksucking or B Piitb then one should certainly go to UWS cause it's got the prestige and the practical element which USyd and UNSW lack.

However, it would be acceptable if a student didn't get the required UAI to complete their undergraduate B Cocksucking at Macquarie and do their masters at UWS.

X

xeuyrawp

In order:

1. Coursework variety,
2. library and collections,
3. teachers and researchers,
4. current fieldwork,
5. pretty campus, facilities, etc.

Some of the best places for me are really shitty prestige-wise (eg Liverpool), although others are awesome (Oxford, Heidelberg, Chicago), not that I've ever really considered it as a major factor.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Eh... no
If people recognise prestige for what it is, it won't be worth anything because they know in terms of actual results it's the same everywhere

doink

Clone
HSC
I think that in a third and long situation bringing in the cornerback to blitz the weak side is a bit of a gamble, againts inexperienced quarterbacks it is likely to pay off with a sack however if you are up against a veteran they can pick the play with ease and expect the wide receivers on the weak side to be wide open for a first down.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
doink said:
I think that in a third and long situation bringing in the cornerback to blitz the weak side is a bit of a gamble, againts inexperienced quarterbacks it is likely to pay off with a sack however if you are up against a veteran they can pick the play with ease and expect the wide receivers on the weak side to be wide open for a first down.
agreed, good post

xoa

HSC
Prestigious unis in Australia? :confused:

Is a McEducation™ at UNSW more prestigious than a McEducation™ at UWS?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Haha. This thread reminds me of a crack Politik made about a certain uni not being of the upper echelons, but it wasn't based on what he knew rather what he didn't know.

Great guy. :)

HSC
doink said:
arrr but if the cornerback only fakes the blitz and instead the strong side is loaded with blitzers and the cornerback drops back into a zone coverage he would be screwed

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
fuck, we really need an FAQ just like on the L&R Forums.

@ OP - yes go to JCU or UWS okay? Whatever makes you happy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)