Prioritisation? (1 Viewer)

tekken290

HSC
Hi all,

So we all have our PDH exam on 30th. Now I've done revision for core 1, core 2 and Sports Med (option 3) but I still need to memorise Improving Performance (Option 4). I'm struggling with motivation in finishing up my memorisation for it, because I personally find a portion of the stuff in the option boring. Do you guys have any tips for boosting motivation for memorisation? I just wanna get it done so I can continue practicing.

PS. My 'Improving performance' notes are not long at all, it's only around 10-13 pages but again, it's the boredom that is the biggest factor here.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
If you write with the neat handwriting of yours, a state rank would be secured based on the writing alone.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi all,

So we all have our PDH exam on 30th. Now I've done revision for core 1, core 2 and Sports Med (option 3) but I still need to memorise Improving Performance (Option 4). I'm struggling with motivation in finishing up my memorisation for it, because I personally find a portion of the stuff in the option boring. Do you guys have any tips for boosting motivation for memorisation? I just wanna get it done so I can continue practicing.

PS. My 'Improving performance' notes are not long at all, it's only around 10-13 pages but again, it's the boredom that is the biggest factor here.
Remember that the faster you finish your revision, the quicker you can revise the rest of your work, and eventually perfect your understanding. Through this, you'll be closer to achieving your final goals. Remember, if you get little to no work done, you're not helping yourself. In fact you're making it harder because it's going to pile up, and you're going to stress later on. Yes it's boring, but keep in mind why you've started, and why you must keep going. Visualise your goals, now work towards them. Muhamad Ali once said "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.' All the best.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I have the exact same problem with learning my business notes the subject is so boring I can never find the motivation to study for it, rip

things that have worked for me in the past, for example before trials:

- find a study buddy>> decide with a friend how much you should get done within a certain time frame, and report back to each other once time is up if you got the work done. you're likely to be more motivated this way because as you're studying, you know that someone is studying/suffering with you. plus you won't wanna disappoint them (and yourself) when time is up by telling them you failed to finish. I definitely did this the day before the business trial with a friend who was just as screwed as I was, we agreed to wake up together at 6am and then 'check in' with each other after we finished studying each module. I wouldn't have achieved shit that day if it was just me

- set a reward for every 'milestone' you reach>> if you can't arrange for a study friend, then setting rewards for yourself can motivate you just as much. personally chocolate/food works for me, or I grant myself a nap/phone time. force yourself to study in order to claim the reward that's waiting for you, no cheating!

- or just fcking do it haha. you can procrastinate all you want but eventually you'll look at the calendar and realise wow the exam is just around the corner, and whether you like it or not, you'll have to study unless you're ok with failing. you seem to have just a bit left anyways, get it done. I have the HSC timetable stuck on my wall so that whenever I look up, the approaching exam dates are in my face, that's enough to motivate me to study for boring subjects especially because time is running out as we speak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)