projectile question (1 Viewer)

fush

HSC
anyone remember their answer to the first projectile question, i think i got around 220 m

also for the mass of the moon i got something around 7.35 x 10^22 or someithng..

i cant remember waht i got for the other calculation questions

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Oh really i think thats wat i got for the mass of the moon, somethin like that i recognise that no. anyway. Cant remember for projectile question. Anyway, anyone know if we are right??

Oh, the projectile question, wasnt that to find the range????

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
space ship???? whats that got to do with projectile motion???????

edit:

oh hang on, different question. What about the one with two parts and the first part was the range or sumthin, i dont even remember to tell the truth but i always make stupid mistakes in projectile motion for some reason u kno with the calculator or i forget to put something in.

fush

HSC
ohh right yea.. icnat remember but u had to use the orbital velocity equation which is v = root (GM / r) so u just used the graviational constant, the mass of themoon from previous question and the radius in m which was given to u

yes range was around 220 m

Premus

it doesnt haha sorry

im talking abt the next question
and yeah i got the range to be approx. 220 m

sub

yeah i got 220m too :)
that means we're all right, right?

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
For the projectile motion you had to find the range of the projectile, which was ~220m.

For the orbit one, you had to find the mass of the moon and the second part was the orbital velocity of whatever it was that was orbitting the moon. Can't remember what my answers were for that though.

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
fush said:
ohh right yea.. icnat remember but u had to use the orbital velocity equation which is v = root (GM / r) so u just used the graviational constant, the mass of themoon from previous question and the radius in m which was given to u

yes range was around 220 m

Oh yeah i remember now, lol u know what i did, i had the right formula and kept thinkin it was the escape velocity one, but i used it anyway, lol, good guess.

sub

mass of moon was something to times 10^22, and the orbital speed was about 1600m/s

Thomas_wow

i got 110 metres, cause i forgot to add the down to the up :[

sooooo stupid, only question i can see gettin wrong atm... along with the roundabout question.. wtf :?

fush

HSC
haha the roundabout question, thank god i figured that one out

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Hey what is the orbital velociy formula, i had a total mind blank on it during the exam and put like different formulas together to get it, but i dont know if i got it right!! lol - dont u just hate that

sub

uhh, equate the gravitational force equation with centripetal...it is not influenced by the mass of the satellite :)

fush

HSC
no the statement was incorrect, this is because the net force acting on the car is its centripetal forece, the friction of the wheels on the ground provdied the centripetal force, to get full marks u also had to work out the centripetal force
F = mv^2/r but i cant reembmer my answer

sub

ah shit! well there goes a few marks...i worked out the centripetal force tho...that should get me something, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)