Proof of destiny (1 Viewer)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
What makes the human mind think what it does? Stimuli
What creates these stimuli? The environment around you
At the moment of the big bang particles ware sent flying out at a given speed and hence caused chemical reactions, created atoms, which formed planets and stars etc. This raises an interesting idea: If these particles were sent flying at the exact same speed and direction, would the same stars, planets etc form in the exact same way? The answer, as far as I can see is yes. If the environment around us is the same each time, then we will think the same things, and do the same things, and the same things will happen to us. Therefore everything in our lives is predetermined, including our hsc result. If anyone can see any holes in my theory please point them out.

^___^
HSC
eh..

but theres always on theory

"nothing in this world are identical or exactly the same"

its like saying an orange is sitting on the table

and 30seconds later, u can't say the orange is the same as b4 cos for a fact theres something happened to it, whether it is the chemical reaction the orange has within itself, or air particle banging on the skin, causing *something*
also, in terms on the dimension it is in, it changed its location

eh..i'm going crazy

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Actually its all covered under Heisenburgs Uncertainy Principle, it explains small regions in density in space which are irregular these then clump and form planets etc. If it werent for Heisenburgs Principle then everything wouldnt be the same at all, there wouldnt be anything just a whole group of molecules that fall back into the center and then explode again just a boring big bang repeating.

Although the universe looks the same in every direction on a large scale, this is because on a large scale the uncertainies pretty much cancel each other out but on a small scale such as at the big bang these cause major differences.

Affinity

HSC
this is getting rather philosophical, I thought the same way once when I was younger, but figured it doesn't make a difference. Either way of thinking should be consistent.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
If everything is predetermined then your philosophical outlook (deterministic/fatalistc or a believer in free will) would also have been predetermined -so this discussion is meaningless *Micallef from his High Horse" - "In the Box"- ( btw did anyone watch that show) Epicurus refuted the sceptics who denied that one action could ever be favoured over another by asking them to follow their theory to its logical conclusions and do nothing and therefore die - end of problem - as regards determinism if it does happen to be true what would be different - nothing - if it isn't - then if you expect "fate" to step in you're up the metaphorical without a paddle:p - again this would be predetermined so under that viewpoint no difference - all actions would be viewed as inevitable and therefore society would collapse - no justice system - no social welfare - it is at heart a nihilistic view- Nietzsche proposed a similar view - "Eternal Recurrence (of the same)" in that our existence is repeated again and again ad infinitum - I believe that this would be helpful for people coping with events that are unchangeable - leading to acceptance but under normal circumstances it is a very dangerous idea - whether its true or not is irrelevant.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Calculon
Therefore everything in our lives is predetermined, including our hsc result. If anyone can see any holes in my theory please point them out.
We can't prove that everything is predetermined (due to the uncertainty principle), also, even if it was predetermined the uncertainty principle leads us to be unable to determine the future.

This lack of knowledge of the future is equivalent to everything not being predetermined, because we can NEVER know what will happen.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
This lack of knowledge of the future is equivalent to everything not being predetermined, because we can NEVER know what will happen.
however, u can assume..which is wat science is about..well..parts are...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I don't believe everything is pre-destined.

It's one of those things I strongly know at the back of my head that I am right, but cannot evidently prove it.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
but the very essence of predeterminism require the lack of knowledge of the destination/fate

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
What makes the human mind think what it does? Stimuli
lol. That is not necessarily true given your implications. :p Identical stimuli cannot be proven to incur identical reactions.
The human mind can be as counter-intuitive as relativity, and scientia has never presumed we know our own brain yet.

---
But honestly, predeterminism is not equivalent to prescience. Even if we can never know what is where, it is still there.
Even though it's useless to ask the question 'is this electron still here?', it doesn't mean the electron couldn't still be in the "predetermined" place. We just don't know whether it is.

In other words... Functionally speaking, we won't ever be able to tell any physical predeterminism due to Heisenberg.
But it doesn't stop the determined universe from forming itself the predetermined way. We just can't tell. :hehe:

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
But who says that particles must have a strict location and velocity (although we can never know it)? What if the laws that govern the universe at the very tiny are truly that, purely random and reliant on probabilities?

Although the concept of kinematics works at a macroscopic level, who says it must be the same for the minute level?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Its always good to know that things that stop our lives from happening the exact same way they have the past billions of times (assuming the universe recollapses) are small sub-atomic particles that are traded left, right and center every second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)