Protest Rally thing (& free BBQ) (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
College cricket (Drews vs Johns), not much fun for you either oval no 1 or oval no 2, not too sure.
yeah, i saw them play- yeah, it didn't look that exciting...anyways i had class, so i couldn't hang out there long enuf anywayz.

Originally posted by xiao1985
usu is like, university student unionism
vsu is like, voluntary student unionism (paying in voluntary, hence name)

therefore, if that's the case, usyd can't force us pay 577 ... tis a voluntary contribution...
haha- its ironic that they're protesting to cut uni. fees- whilst they're also fighting to keep the $577 compulsory. :rolleyes: :D

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
capsicum spray is painful...for a long time...twas a bit unnecessary of the cops....and one cop saw i was wearing thongs so he targeted my foot with his heavy boot....

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by walla
capsicum spray is painful...for a long time...twas a bit unnecessary of the cops....and one cop saw i was wearing thongs so he targeted my foot with his heavy boot....
haha, man- whats the point of bashing up cops and storming the vice chancellors building- well i don't think it'll stop the fees, but it would've given the coppers a run for their salaries. :D

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
haha, man- whats the point of bashing up cops and storming the vice chancellors building- well i don't think it'll stop the fees, but it would've given the coppers a run for their salaries. :D
bashing up cops - hardly!!! if you'd seen the actual fight, the spray was so unprovoked, some dickhead took the cop's hat off and for that he sprayed the whole crowd.

Carlito

HSC
Usyd Rally March pic....
had to reduce it in size massively... stupid 100kb img size limit

Carlito

HSC
The only thing that reached the news was the pepper spray incident at UTS

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Wyvern
i am posting from jail tonight
hehe- wha in jail...u must've done something very bad. :p

Originally posted by walla
bashing up cops - hardly!!! if you'd seen the actual fight, the spray was so unprovoked, some dickhead took the cop's hat off and for that he sprayed the whole crowd.
haha- yeah, lotta ppl. kept taking the cop's hat off ei? :D

Wyvern

HSC
LOL I can't believe the guy got pepper sprayed for taking off the cops hat - was the cop bold and hiding it or something?

Wyvern

HSC
or maybe the cop was actually this guy, then i could understand it

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Wyvern
LOL I can't believe the guy got pepper sprayed for taking off the cops hat - was the cop bold and hiding it or something?
i think the dude had a bad hair day, so when they took of his hat- he got really pissed. :D

Carlito

HSC
my dad said he heard on AM talkback radio that a 2ue reporter was up the front and nearly got pepersprayd, and also that the media was there with their tv cameras egging it on

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Carlito
my dad said he heard on AM talkback radio that a 2ue reporter was up the front and nearly got pepersprayd, and also that the media was there with their tv cameras egging it on
yeah, not suprising, if u watch frontline, u'll know that the media want action, so i wouldn't b suprised if they incited all the violence. :D

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Just have to comment that they could have really done better than 'Fuck Shit Up' as a slogan.. I mean, it isn't exactly workers of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but your chains, you have a whole world to gain. in terms of revolutionary eloquence.

And yes, the ironies were rife.

Generator

HSC
N/A
With a student body of around 40000, only a few hundred, if that, would have bothered to attend the rally... Nobody cares. It is that simple.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
With a student body of around 40000, only a few hundred, if that, would have bothered to attend the rally... Nobody cares. It is that simple.
yeah, coz the rest came to the BBQ and left. :D

Carlito

HSC
and then others like me got the BBQ and then just went to the footbrigde to watch and take photos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)